MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMCD ProductsRepackbox

Thread: Lyman Powder Measures

Lyman Powder Measures

Simply and from someone that knows about both. Which Auto powder measure should I get? The Gen 5 or Gen 6? They both have gret reviews. Thanks.

Roy
    Hooker53

OK--------- Let me change what I ask for. Post your views good or bad if you have one or the other. Let's hears from someone that has a Gen 5. Thanks.

Roy
    Hooker53

I have the Hornady LNL Auto powder dispenser and the Lyman Gen6. The Lyman Gen6 works so much better that the Hornady just sets on the shelf unused. The Gen6 has a warm up count down that will not let you use it until it has completed the warm up phase. About 3 minutes. I take it down, plug it in and turn it on and let it warm up while I get everything else set up. Then come back and do the calibration and then enter the target load I am after. I only ever get an under throw or over throw 1 in 100 throws. The Hornady averages 1 out of 10. I haven't used the Gen5, so couldn't tell you anything about it. From what I understand, the Gen6 has a smaller footprint than the Gen5. I know it is smaller than the Hornady.

Thanks V. I have ruled out the Hornady weeks ago but thanks for your input on the Gen 6. Anyone have a Gen 5 that can write about it??

Roy
    Hooker53

Boolit Bub
    The Lyman 55 and D series scale with the lift rod in the base are excellent powder handling gear. The measure had a great following with the benchrest crowd for its accuracy and consistency. The scale is excellent. Buy an RCBS Deluxe Check Weight Set and you have it all. Not really any way it can break and the check set enables you to calibrate for every scale setting you might use. If need a 1000 grain scale, there is the Ohaus 10/10.