Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Glock Do you like them or not

Boolit Grand Master

I do Not

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Casey View Post
    American manufacturing jobs. Be interesting to see what, if anything, American manufacturers even offered for consideration.
    The 320 is made in Exeter NH
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

Boolit Grand Master

American manufacturing jobs. Be interesting to see what, if anything, American manufacturers even offered for consideration.
    Sig has a plant here. So does Glock and so does Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Sig has a plant here. So does Glock and so does Beretta.
    But do the profits stay in the US?

For me personally I buy what I want to buy, but I have different opinions for government contracts. As long as American companies can build quality products, at a fair price, built in the US, that is where the contracts belong. S&W M&P has served police depts well, and the grip is adaptable to those with larger, and smaller hands. It is disappointing that this contract was shoved through after so many years to avoid Trump looking at it.

Boolit Man
    They have been looking to get a new pistol for a while so I don't think anything was pushed through. The government doesn't do its contracts based on where the money will end up. For military contracts the US must own the rights to manufacturing and it must be able to be made in-house so we are not able to be held hostage by a foreign entity. ergo that is some US jobs and that is good enough for me.
    I think the M9 is an excellent instrument of war and I would rather not spend tax dollars on something that is already working well. But we don't always get what we want so the poor frozen ******** in New Hampshire can have this win.
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

It took them 10 years, and then just before Trump is to take his oath they announced the contract. Utter Bovine Scatology, they should have waited until he was president, that would have only been a few days.

Boolit Man
    lol what bearing does this contract have on the presidency. If I was a betting man, I'd say that something like this wouldn't even cross his desk.

That being said, I would be wearing my tinfoil hat with you if the contract went to some Kenya based gun company or something else blatantly nefarious. But Sig Sauer. come on. The M9 has been the service pistol since '85, it was bound to change soon...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    It took them 10 years, and then just before Trump is to take his oath they announced the contract. Utter Bovine Scatology, they should have waited until he was president, that would have only been a few days.
    I too found this rather odd. My guess is some palms will be getting greased if the new administration lets this stand. Always skeptical of Big government stuff.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    For 500 bucks I can buy any glock in any gunshop in the country and know before I even stick a clip in it that I could trust my life and my familys to it. don't buy them if you don't like them but id about bet not to many glock shooters see a need for major change
    This is why I have no interest in Taurus or Ruger bottom feeders. Both companies can make good guns, but they change their designs and product line so darn much that their guns are in a perpetual stage of working the bugs out. The Ruger SR series has gotten to where they usually work well from the get go, but now Ruger has rolled out yet another replacement and we start the process all over again. Taurus? Well, we've all read the many volumes of frustration on them. Glock worked most of the problems out and nailed down QC years ago, and I respect them for it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHev View Post
    lol what bearing does this contract have on the presidency. If I was a betting man, I'd say that something like this wouldn't even cross his desk.

That being said, I would be wearing my tinfoil hat with you if the contract went to some Kenya based gun company or something else blatantly nefarious. But Sig Sauer. come on. The M9 has been the service pistol since '85, it was bound to change soon...
    Your kidding right? What did the contract for the new AF1 have to do with the presidency? Or the F35? Both have dropped their costs when Trump started poking his nose, even before he took the oath. The writing was/is on the wall, no more wasteful government contracts. There is no doubt palms get greased, that is why Ruger did not even bother, and they made it clear. The whole process was rigged for Sig, and somebody got 10 years of payoffs.

It is not that hard to find a very reliable sidearm, millions of Americans have been doing it for decades. One of us could have done it in one year, this was government waste, and fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I too found this rather odd. My guess is some palms will be getting greased if the new administration lets this stand. Always skeptical of Big government stuff.
    There is no doubt, this IS how the system has worked. Some fools would have called $200 toilet seats tinfoil fodder, but the fact is this has gone on for too long.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    This is why I have no interest in Taurus or Ruger bottom feeders. Both companies can make good guns, but they change their designs and product line so darn much that their guns are in a perpetual stage of working the bugs out. The Ruger SR series has gotten to where they usually work well from the get go, but now Ruger has rolled out yet another replacement and we start the process all over again. Taurus? Well, we've all read the many volumes of frustration on them. Glock worked most of the problems out and nailed down QC years ago, and I respect them for it.

Spot on I can't wrap my head around why they can not build a good platform and stick with it.

Boolit Master
    My 26 is never more than arms length away and the GL 20sf has a extended LW .40 barrel for any time the 10mm power isn"t needed . As far as like goes they"re not supposed to be pretty just reliable and my pretty guns stay home !

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Spot on I can't wrap my head around why they can not build a good platform and stick with it.
    I think they do stick with their platforms, they still manufacture SR's. Ruger tries to meet as many needs/wants of their customers, it is one of the reasons the civilian public buys their guns. Unlike other manufacturers the common citizen is not given the shaft so they can give away guns to government markets. The very thing that has brought Colt to the verge of collapse.

Glock while a good gun for some, who don't mind the block grip, and luger grip angle, sell their guns, or give them away to government, then they make up the difference with the everyday buyer. Some people don't care, they will pay an inflated price just because it is a Glock, other manufacturers their are guns just as good, or better for consumers. Ruger has picked up on that, and run with it.

I will be honest, I would not have bought Glocks without blue label pricing. I consider it a mistake when I think of the companies that deliver better quality at the same price retail. When I get a chance to trade my Glocks for guns more suitable, I will. The only guns in my safe I consider selling, or trading.

Vendor Sponsor

ONE simple thing keeps me from owning a Glock. The grip angle. For me, it is MANDATORY that the firearm be a logical extension of the forearm, so that even in the dark the boolit will strike where the forearm directs it to strike.

To this end, I cannot stand in the Weaver stance with a Glock, extend my shooting arm out to the side, hold the pistol out straight, then turn my head and expect the sights to be aligned. With the Glock, the front sight is WAY too high and I have to rotate my wrist to bring it down to align with the rear. This, in a defensive sidearm, is UNACCEPTABLE.

When you extend your shooting arm at shoulder height out to the side, turn your head and look at the sights, *IF* the gun fits your hand, the sights will be near perfectly aligned. A 1911A1 does this in a Commander version with flat mainspring housing. A Government 5" 1911A1 does this with the arched mainspring housing, a S&W J frame does this with grips that do not cover over the steel backstrap. My Kahr CW45 edc points PERFECTLY. This is important. I will not carry a sidearm that does not align the sights with the natural extension of the arm or forearm.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHev View Post
    The rumor is true about the Gen 5's. I have some pictures holding one if you want to check it out.
    I would like that! I won't part with my Gen2 17 and 19!
    I can deal with the Gen4 grips and finger grooves, but willing to wait it out for a Gen5.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I found I had to learn to shoot low when point shooting a Glock. For me it is not a problem, I train everyday. For my wife, who does use the sights, the angle makes recoil uncomfortable. Even though the gun is much heavier she prefers the 1911 to the Glock.

I adapted to my Glocks, I made a large mistake when I bought her one. She is petite, with very small hands, the block grip is awkward for her without the odd grip angle. I tried getting her to give it another try last week, two shots, and she said no way.

I like that there is no thumb safety for her on the Glock, but the gun is just not for her. I have been thinking of a Poly witness which is DA/SA for her. She likes her SMC380 she keeps in her purse, even though the recoil is sharp, she likes shooting it. The witness would be in the same class, safety off DA/SA as the SMC. CZ, and CZ clones also have a reputation for accuracy.

Only reason I carry a Glock is cuz my dept won't issue us a 1911.

Boolit Man
    I'm not a huge Glock fan. But it does go BANG every time I pull the trigger. Naysayers can dog that oversized chamber, but it works. My Beretta's go bang every time as well, and look better doing it, but good grief they are kinda big.

Banned

glock, sig and beretta all make guns in the US now.