Boolit Master

The 2017 Hodgdon Reloading Manual is Out

Get'em while they last.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91YOydKEMcL.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	182901
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Kevin, do you happen to know if there is much in the way of cast boolit data in this new one ?
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Banned

I don't think I have ever seen boolit data in a hodgdon mag except for the pistol calibers.
    i'll have to get this one too I guess, I probably need data for some powder I never seen before.

Boolit Master

worst one ever, almost no data in it compared to the previous issues. highly dissapointed.

I was so disappointed in last years that I see no reason to get this one.

Boolit Man
    It has articles on the new CFE BLK powder in 300 Blackout in 17 Ackley Hornet, 17 hornet 218 Bee and 221 Fireball (both rifle and XP-10000 and 6.8 SPC . Long article on the new Win 572 powder in pistols. and one on the 6.5 Creedmore.

Boolit Grand Master

The 2017 Hodgdon Reloading Manual is Out

Went out a bought it. They really want to sell CFE BLK. Three articles on it is a bit much. But I bought it for the load data. Lots of loads for 572 if you've started using the powder. And plenty of loads in general. If you shoot obsolete cartridges it's not for you. But then so are any of the other modern reloading manuals.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 12-17-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Boolit Master

I was disappointed there were no loads for .458 SOCOM.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Mold
    Got the manual Friday night at a Barnes and Noble bookstore magazine rack. I was lucky to get one without an on-line order. Yes, this is the thinnest one yet and has the least mount of loads. On the bright side it is all about the CFE Black. That's a good thing for me anyway. The data shows gains of over 150 FPS in both .221 Remington Fireball and 7.62 x 39 Russian. I now have two, new improved calibers to play with. I also see some future possibilities for cast in some calibers. Not good news for the data on the Hornet or 300 Blk. Lil Gun still the powder of choice for the Hornet and ironically the 300 Blk as well if your looking for maximum velocities.
    I look forward to the new powder releases. It's like reliving the 1960's all over again. I thought they would cover the new powders from IMR with Red, Green and Unequal as part of the names, but not one thing. Like the press deadline was earlier than the new powders were released. Maybe next year.