Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Glock Do you like them or not

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    Own three Glocks, least carried pistols in the safe. They are reliable, reasonably accurate for most shooters, light. Grip angle, and box like grip SUX. Not a precision gun, and with no bushing little can be done to turn a Glock into one. Expensive for a inexpensive to build pistol, unless buying blue label. Many pistols out there that will do just as good for less. If I had to do it all over again buying a poly frame gun I would have gone with the EAA Witness. The ones I handled had a enormously better grip, and they have a reputation for precision accuracy with the right shooter. Even if one still wants a Glock, the S&W SD serious is virtually the same gun, and still comes in under the blue label price, by about a hundred bucks.

Glocks are like bell bottom pants, while they cover your legs, and have some redeeming attributes they are a fad. Glocks are no Mercedes, not even close. We have a Nissan, and a Pontiac with well over 400,000 miles, approaching 500,000.
    I don't find the price high considering that Glock will rebuild the gun for free if you can meet one of their armorers. Also if your mags get banged up Glock will swap them out if you mail them in. Guessing that is all built into the pricing. Do any other plastic gun makers do this?

Boolit Bub
    I have three Glocks, one Glock 23 Gen 3 with night sights is by my bedside. I also have a Glock 27 Gen 3 that is in my carry rotation, great guns but I like my ol SA revolvers better.
    "That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man" Lucky Ned Pepper

Boolit Master
    Not, I have 3 Glocks and can shoot them ok but I shoot the Walther PPQ's much better. Most of my LGS will not take a .40 cal Glock as a trade in.

Boolit Buddy
    I like Glock pistols. I enjoy them for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I don't find the price high considering that Glock will rebuild the gun for free if you can meet one of their armorers. Also if your mags get banged up Glock will swap them out if you mail them in. Guessing that is all built into the pricing. Do any other plastic gun makers do this?
    Yes, one will even replace the gun if it is stolen. I paid much less than the average citizen for my Glock. While at the time it seemed cool to get a discount others cannot get it is like the US tax code. The fact is for many the grip sux, and a small portion of the population are not competent to handle a firearm with a light switch trigger. Then add in that companies like Ruger, and S&W sell better designed firearms for less, or the same price, and exceptional customer service. Hell even Hi Point has better customer service than Glock.

I prefer a gun that does not break in the first place. My wife's Glock broke after only ten rounds out of the box. Completely unacceptable.

Boolit Bub
    I don't care for Glocks my mashed up hands cannot hold onto one but I don't hate on them either. Their fanboys/fangirls often drive me to near Hulk out (Hulk smash puny Glock fanboy/fangirl). They like to bash my Hi-Points but and get mad when I out shoot them.
    Watch your back.
    Shoot Straight.
    Conserve ammo.
    Never cut a deal with a Dragon. From the Shadowrun tabletop Role Playing Game.

Just can't get by the trigger pull.

Dead nuts reliable and accurate. The Nylon 66 of pistols. I would like a long slide 10 mm for hunting but other than that my Shields serve the polymer role for me. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    I don't like Glocks...carried one on duty for 8 years only because I had to. I still own it. It sits in the safe for nostalgic purposes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Ain't that the truth, not to mention twice the weight and half the capacity with nothing offer in return for the loss.
    I worked for a LE agency that didn't have to wait long for the Glock accident to happen. The gun cleaning counter and the carpet floor in an Administrator's office were 2 casualties. We never had a cocked and locked 1911 accident.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Jack Hammer View Post
    I worked for a LE agency that didn't have to wait long for the Glock accident to happen. The gun cleaning counter and the carpet floor in an Administrator's office were 2 casualties. We never had a cocked and locked 1911 accident.
    That post was supposed to quote the initial quote.
    I carried a Colt's lightweight 1911 .45 rather than the agency issue Glock.

Friends don't let friends buy glocks Just my .02

Boolit Man
    I compare Glocks to Harbor freight wrenches. They work.

Like my Glock 23. Was looking for a 9mm Glock but found a nice 92F stainless at a bargain so another Glock will have to wait . I read one thread hear that the 92 was not any good but I guess I will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Glocks Gluckup the brass. Yes, you can push them through a sizer and roundem back, but it's too late...the damage is done.
    I read this all the time but have found it mostly untrue. I purchased 5000 rounds of 40 brass from a police range that was all fired from Glocks. I found only 9 buldged pcs. So I don't see a problem .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Jack Hammer View Post
    I can recall went the NYPD carried wheel guns a few of the Officer cock the hammer and didn"t know how to uncocked the hammer on duty. So they went to double action only. This show a lack of training on firearm safety. More then a few cops have shot themself with Glocks because of the trigger design. But the Golden rule keep your finger off the trigger till your ready to fire it. Yes the 45 auto cocked and locked is safer then the Glock in my opinion.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbender View Post
    I read this all the time but have found it mostly untrue. I purchased 5000 rounds of 40 brass from a police range that was all fired from Glocks. I found only 9 buldged pcs. So I don't see a problem .
    It was an issue in early gens thats been resolved. All semis have some degree of unsupported chamber. Current Glocks are no worse than any other. I shoot full power 10mm loads and the brass is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer50 View Post
    I can recall went the NYPD carried wheel guns a few of the Officer cock the hammer and didn"t know how to uncocked the hammer on duty. So they went to double action only. This show a lack of training on firearm safety. More then a few cops have shot themself with Glocks because of the trigger design. But the Golden rule keep your finger off the trigger till your ready to fire it. Yes the 45 auto cocked and locked is safer then the Glock in my opinion.
    The finger has to be on the trigger to break down a Glock...

Boolit Master

I'll keep my 1911 she's as pretty and comfortable in my hands as my wife.
    I would not abandoned my 1911 any more than I would my wife for
    something that is ugly and uncomfortable to hold no matter how reliable the ugly one might be.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Glocks don't fit my hand and 1911's do. And Glocks are ugly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01853 Springfield 45.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	183914