Boolit Bub

45 acp

Hi
    mold some 45acp 230 gr lrn tc bullets an loaded 50 rns with titegroup
    at 4.4 grs an loaded 50 rns with titegroup at 4.8 grs
    we went to the range tried them out we like both the loads

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Good to know.

I've used Bullseye for years, but data points with currently obtainable powders are useful.
    Did you happen to chronograph any of the loads? What were you shooting them in and what kind of groups did you get?
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Bub

outpost75
    no i did not chronograph them the guns i used S&W 625 an DK1911 group 3-4 inch a bout 50 feet

Boolit Master
    That's certainly accurate enough for "social work" purposes. I'll bet that with that 625 and a good rest, you could probably shoot tighter groups.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by 4006 View Post
    outpost75
    no i did not chronograph them the guns i used S&W 625 an DK1911 group 3-4 inch a bout 50 feet
    I am assuming that is standing hand held?

I am looking for machine rest ten-shot groups from a match grade pistol of that size at fifty YARDS at worst. To be competitive good match ammunition will average 2 inches or less over a long series of groups, but at age 68 I don't shoot Master anymore.

For our "fun" revolver matches here we shoot standing with a revolver at a 12" steel gong at 100 yards. Any of my fixed sight cowboy guns will do that with black powder ammunition. Being able to do so with regularity requires a load in which dispersion is linear with the range, and where your wiggle added to ammunition dispersion doesn't exceed target size. 4-inch groups at 50 yards only permit you 4 inches of wiggle on the 12" gong at 100 with a perfect zero... Hard to stay in the prize money that way...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

That's my load for the 230 gr LRN! (4.8 gr) 830 fps, SD 17 and 3" group @ 25yds out of Colt Government model resting on a sandbag. This is a ballistic M1911 load except cast boolit instead of FMJ. Good luck, this is a great load!