Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School Me on the 45 ACP

Boolit Master
    Isn't that the great thing about the 1911 you can change out , or add on until you make it like you like it .

Try the Para Ordnance P12, it's small enough for regular size hands, even when it's a double stacked frame, I have what I consider regular size hands and I love the feeling of that little gun in my hands..
    My wife is 5'4 kind off petite and she can shoot it comfortable.
    I carry this pistol every day, and fully loaded, actually I carry 13 rounds, one on the chamber all the time, and doesn't feel heavy and it's easy to conceal..
    This model is now discontinued but you can still find them..
    Good luck in your search for the right .45
    Merry Christmas!!

Got Brass

Okay, okay so my wife has been teasing me about this thread ever since I started it. Now I guess I know why. she has been sitting on my Christmas present for about a month
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161224_194044.jpg   20161224_194104.jpg  
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Try both configurations of the 1911, some like the GI model with short trigger and rounded mainspring housing, others like the long trigger with flat mainspring housing. For a different platform, what about the EAA Witness? It's a steel framed 45, otherwise the Beretta PX4 full size in 45, or the Jericho/IMI 45 could fit the bill too.

Oops, just saw your last post. Congrats on your new 1911!

Boolit Master
    I can't tell from the pictures if the mainspring housing is curved or flat. If it's curved, and you find it difficult to get a grip, switch it out for a flat one. Sometimes, just that little bit of "slimming" will make a world of difference in how it feels and how well you can grip it.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    That's hilarious! Your wife knows more about how to choose a gun than you do! Ha!

Boolit Buddy

Lets see School you , 45 ACP is and was made for a 1911, Period , there is no other fire arm made for 45 ACP , like a glock , its not a real firearm , Boy am I going to catch H E double hockey sticks over that remark , But im biased , I have more 1911s than most people should have , im not really a Pistol guy , I like revolvers , But the 1911 is the finest Simi auto made in my book, has to be since it been around for 109 years OK let the toung lashing start LMAO
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Kmrra, with all due respect, let me shoot you with my G21, let's see if it's not areal gun..

Got Brass

Banned
    I have ONE plastic gun simply because my son talked me into it.

Boolit Buddy

I knew that was comming , , I asked for it , LOL, im just partial to 1911s, , I have always said that I need to get a Glock , just so I can tell everyone I have one ,, Im just old school :wood and metal :
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Banned
    And I'm old school too. I feel more comfortable with a metal gun with wood grips in my hand.

Boolit Master
    I worked as a peace officer for an agency that voted which gun should be the Dept. issued firearm. The Glock came in dead last. We got Glocks because they were the cheapest. The policy allowed us to buy our own duty guns, which we did. The saying about Glocks was they couldn't give them away.

Boolit Master

Hey congratulations on your new 1911
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Nice new 1911. Go shoot that thing!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Took it out yesterday afternoon and I love it. It's a real shooter. Now to get a good mould and start throwing some boolits down range.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master
    I use Lyman's 452374 scrap lead sized to .452" lubed with Alox.Not sexy but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Jack Hammer View Post
    I use Lyman's 452374 scrap lead sized to .452" lubed with Alox.Not sexy but it works.
    Thanks I'll look into it

Boolit Master
    I'm just old school :wood and metal:
    Me, too. I wouldn't feel UNarmed with a Glock, especially one in .45 ACP. But I'd rather have my 1911A1.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!