WidenersLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: 30-30 reamer print

Boolit Bub

30-30 reamer print

I want to build a 30-30. I'm using a current made control feed Mod 70 and have a 10 tw Lilja HV contour barrel. Still looking for a trigger since the Jewell doesn't fit the new M-70 I've been told. Most of the reamer prints I've seen for the 30-30 have overly large dimensions for the base and neck diameters compared to the dimensions of the brass itself. I'm also really interested in the leade dia , length and angle people are using for target accuracy. Has anyone ever reamed a push in/out bullet sizer die with a throating reamer the same angle as in the rifle's throat? If anyone has a reamer print to share I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

With any reamer my advice is to call Pacific Tool and Gauge and talk with Dave Kiff. He is the owner and is a warehouse of information. He can recommend dimensions and e-mail any prints that you are interested in.

Boolit Mold
    A couple of years ago I put together a bolt action 30 Remington. The 30 Remington is basically a rimless 30-30. Since most 30 Remingtons are semi-autos or pump action the chambers seem a little looser than a typical bolt action. Also, I was planning on shooting cast bullets and wanted to make sure the chamber was correctly balanced between being tighter for accuracy and with enough neck room for cast bullets.

I called Dave Manson at Manson reamers and discussed it with him. I also sent him some dummy rounds loaded with the cast bullets I intended to use. He custom ground a reamer to fit the loaded rounds and intended usage. My experience with Manson was good.

https://mansonreamers.com/