Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Collection Idea

Boolit Man

Bullet Collection Idea

Does anyone run something genius in their progressive press setup to collect the bullets one their finish their circuit? I am thinking of some sort of funnel that they drop down into and a tube leading to a bucket or ammo can? I have a setup like that on my lee single stage for collecting spent primers and collecting them in a coffee can on the floor, and now I want to do something for finished bullets. Any pictures or stories pro or con would be greatly appreciated.
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

Not sure what you mean. Dont all progressives have a cartridge collection bin like dillon?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    Mine has a little bin with a capacity of about 75. I am looking to have the ammo go directly into an ammo can or something of the sorts so that I can load a thousand. This way I don't have to worry about picking up the ones that fall on the ground when the bin gets to full or really emptying a bin in general.
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

Boolit Grand Master
    Get a small roll of twelve inch or so aluminum roof flashing and make your own chute.

Robert

The only progressives I have are a pair of dillons and the bins hold 100 of any calibre I load for. As I have to break rhythm and stop every 100 loaded cartridges to refill the primer tube anyway, its no hassle to empty the cartridge bin at the same time.
    Now what I would like to see is a quick way to get all those freshly loaded cartridges into my 100 round mtm ammo boxes.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fred2892; 12-10-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    Get a small roll of twelve inch or so aluminum roof flashing and make your own chute.
    This is probably what I was going to do, I was just wondering if someone had done something similar that I can base my model after so I don't have to reinvent the wheel and learn from someone else's mistakes.

Boolit Master

I would say, stick with the bins, if for what ever reason you have a 'mistake' in your loading sesson you only have the bin to search out, a bucket full could cause you not to find the mistake/mistakes, only saying this after reloading 40 plus years, mistakes do happen.

Boolit Buddy
    I guy I know used to have a pvc chute to a 5 gallon bucket in the floor I think it was 4" pvc

Let me ask...why do the presses come with bins rather than chutes?
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    I have a stainless tray that is 10 in by 17 in with a 3/4 in lip on it clamped to the bench beside the loader , I made a slide extender to ramp the loaded rounds to the tray , and it holds a lot of loaded rounds . I just reach over and push the pile back every once in a while . It's on a loadmaster .

https://is.gd/Ohk3DA
    Hopkins FloTool 10709 Spill Saver Oil Funnel

I bought one of these at my local store for $1.99. Bought a 3 ft length of 1 1/2" hose from the hardware store. Glued the hose onto the funnel outlet and attached it to my XL650. Now the loaded round fall into the funnel and then go through the hose into a large container.

Boolit Master

Check out hardline industries at in the sponsor banner up top.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    Check out hardline industries at in the sponsor banner up top.
    I don't see a Hardline Industries in the sponsor banner.
    Last edited by VHoward; 12-10-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Banned

he is a vendor sponsor.

I use larger Bins that hold well over 300 45 acp rounds on the dillons.

Here's my solution on my Lee Pro 1000.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chute.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	182391

It's just a piece of 2½" pvc pipe, with the press end trimmed to clear the shellholder going up and down. The wedge is just a piece of ½" plywood and it's all glued on with liquid nails.

The press is bolted to a piece of 8" I-beam as per this post in the "Homemade" section http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post2566225

Boolit Master

I've got a Spolar progressive shogun press which dumps the completed shells out the back of the press at 12:00. I cut a hole through the maple butcher block bench top and installed a 2" schd 40 pvc 90° at the end of the chute which goes through the bench top, connects to a 45° just under the table and a long run that comes out about 10-12" off the floor on my left as I sit at the bench. I cut half the top off of 8 lb powder jugs to make shell caddies and situate them on the floor with the 45° tube dumps the shells into the jug.

I'd post a pic but I dismounted the press to sand and apply some new finish to the bench top.

You can see something similar on spolar's web site.
    Last edited by Greg S; 12-10-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Boolit Master
    I use a 1050 bin hooked to a strong mount. It holds hundreds of pistol stuff. I use a bin dam on the akro bin.

take care

r1kk1

Quote Originally Posted by SWANEEDB View Post
    I would say, stick with the bins, if for what ever reason you have a 'mistake' in your loading sesson you only have the bin to search out, a bucket full could cause you not to find the mistake/mistakes, only saying this after reloading 40 plus years, mistakes do happen.
    I agree (having had the "odd" problem ). Just fit a bigger bin? Like fred I have to stop every so often to refill things so the bin is more than adequate.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    I don't see a Hardline Industries in the sponor banner.

Sorry, ment inline fabrication. Has some neat press solutions and may have something to get you started.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

OK. Inline doesn't have a loaded round chute like the OP was talking about.