Repackbox

Thread: model 98

Boolit Buddy

model 98

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161120_172630_resized mauser.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	181527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161120_172612_resized mauser.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	181528 New acquisition from a local auction, very nice bluing job and some great woodgrain, got some 196 ppu j words to try today. I guess I'll have to buy another mold, darn it.
    ]Why does anyone need an assault rifle? My first need is articulated in the US v Miller 1939 decision: every citizen eligible for volunteer or conscript military service, every member of the unorganized militia, should be familiar with his nation's military service rifle, and the service rifles of potential allies and foes as well, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

In Remembrance

Very nice indeed. These are what I keep my eye out for at sales and pawn shops. What is the maker code on the front reciever ring?Robert

Boolit Buddy
    No markings on the top of the receiver ring Robert, I'm guessing buffed off. Still the Nazi designation on the side. I think maybe another letter designation, but I don't have it in front of me. Not matching numbers on the bolt.
    ]Why does anyone need an assault rifle? My first need is articulated in the US v Miller 1939 decision: every citizen eligible for volunteer or conscript military service, every member of the unorganized militia, should be familiar with his nation's military service rifle, and the service rifles of potential allies and foes as well, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Truck gun! Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

NOE is advertising a 20% discount on his molds until December 7th. Might want to take a look. I like those German laminated stocks. I have had 2 of them and they work into a nice sporter if you don't mind taking the "collector" value out of them. A gunsmith I know threw one out into his wood pile where It remained through snow and rain for over 2 years. A young client came into his shop one day looking for a model 98 stock and the smith told the young guy he could have the stock if he wanted it. He took it home with him and brought it back on a 98 rifle about 6 months later and my George said it one of the best looking sporter stocks he had seen from an original 98 stock. Young man had turned it into a German African paneled sporter. It just takes a little skill, patience, and imagination with persistence. Good luck to you and I look forward to pictures of the finished product. james

Boolit Master

AWESOME
    What receiver sight is screwed on???
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Nice looking converted stock!!
    How does it shoot?
    Targets?

Boolit Buddy
    Hopefully , get to shoot tomorrow. Rainy windy Christmas shopping day today.

Boolit Buddy
    Range report, overall pretty happy, I think I can work with it. The ammo was factory ppu 196 gr. sp. Had another target with some more groups that didn't download.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-12-04 15.20.00 mauser range report.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	182017
    Last edited by snoopy; 12-05-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Mike , its an old LYMAN, Charlie