RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Going to start sizing&depriming .38 specials. Wife's giving me the mean eye because her .357 Rossi carbine & S&W M67 are hungry. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    managed to snap the spring on my lee auto disk powder measure, good thing I have the hornady setup now. New one on the way from lee precision, will have it fixed soon as it gets here. planned trip to the range with my 1911's and a revolver this afternoon.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Still cleaning and drying 9mm brass. Doing 2 large plastic pails of 9mm for my star shooing pupil. She just bought a brand new CZ Shadow 2 to replace her old model Shadow and is practicing like a fiend for next year's IPSC season. I gave her 55 pounds of cleaned 9mm brass yesterday and will give her another 50 to 75 pounds of cleaned brass sometime next week ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    I would wager, that if you sent in the entire press, it would be returned completely rehabilitated.
    Nope, I would end up w/ a LAM 2 that they would want to charge me for. This will the fourth one I've rebuilt so I know what I'm doing. Just need the parts to do it. Will be interesting to see if they charge me for parts like last time.

I have 10MM brass running in the tumbler. Will load them after a while.

Boolit Bub
    Cast from the recently shipped MP 147HP PB mould that was a group buy. Powder coating with the cheap Harbor Freight ESPC gun and Harbor Freight Red, 75 at a time, baked in a cheap PID regulated toaster oven @ 400F for 15 minutes. Have about 2000 I'm going to do a few hours a night the next few days!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161108_214223.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	180368

Cleaned and dried more 9mm brass today ... up to about 100 pounds now with about 20 or 25 more yet to go ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Cast a few .38 wadcutters from a mold I received in a trade with another member here. I then emptied my dripomatic and dumped the crud out of it. Going to try boiling it to see if that will stop the dripping.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy

100 rounds of .308 w/180gr hornady #3070's over H4895, and I left for work with my tumbler running (12 hours) so my next set of 308 brass is super clean and shiny..dolt
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Been busy today

Went out to the reloading bench. Got 20 rds of 30-06 with same headstamp ( military). Cleaned them in my tumbler. Sized, deprimed. Trim all of them to specs. Chamfered the case mouth on all. Primed all with same mfg. Primers. Charged all with same powder & weight. Seated a bullet into the case according to AOL. ( all bullets weighed exactly the same. No + or - .1 of a grain)
    crimped all bullets.
    Now it's time to see how these puppy dogs shoot at 100 yds.

Loaded a box of 40 S&W practice ammo for the G27 (180gr plated TC over 6.0 of AA#5).

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by vrh View Post
    Went out to the reloading bench. Got 20 rds of 30-06 with same headstamp ( military). Cleaned them in my tumbler. Sized, deprimed. Trim all of them to specs. Chamfered the case mouth on all. Primed all with same mfg. Primers. Charged all with same powder & weight. Seated a bullet into the case according to AOL. ( all bullets weighed exactly the same. No + or - .1 of a grain)
    crimped all bullets.
    Now it's time to see how these puppy dogs shoot at 100 yds.
    I had 125 LC43 that varied in water volume by 7.3 gr and case weight from 187-205 gr . Unfortunately I had a fussy 06' that knew the difference in the lots of 191-192 , 194-195 and the 197.5-190 gr cases . The real tell came when I unloaded on target the last 80 rd and my 12-18" rifle shot 3 very separate 3" groups and obvious flyers that just happened to correspond exactly in count to the weigh lots .

Just what it's worth.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Finally put the last batch of 9mm brass in the tumbler today. Will be about 125 pounds worth to pass on to my shooting pupil to turn into IPSC practice ammo. Now it will be on to cleaning .40 S&W brass for my wife's 1911 ...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Now it will be on to cleaning .40 S&W brass for my wife's 1911 ...
    Assuming that 1911 uses normal size mags, you could very easily make a 10mm equivalent out of it. Keep the same barrel, but load the rounds to 10mm OAL and pressure. Some have called this a .40SWL (.40 S&W Long). You might need a slightly heavier recoil spring and depending upon your existing barrel, you might need to get someone to increase the leade in the barrel chamber somewhat to handle the extra length of the round.

Boolit Buddy

Formed 300+ 300BO cases...tomorrow its to the trimmer
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Grand Master

Cleaned the rifles I shot today.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 100 357 mag ready to shoot tomorrow .

Vendor Sponsor

I loaded 200 .44 Specials using Powder Coated Boolits and 200 .44 Magnums using the last of my Lubed and Sized Boolits.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I got some small jars and lids and poured my new TL Microlube and Lee Alox both in naptha. I am tired of them thickening up and wasting my fuel. Hope this keeps them thinner.

Boolit Master
    Cleaned my dripomatic, sanded the rod, cleaned the hole and cast some wadcutters. Darn thing still leaking, although not as bad as yesterday. Probably time to retire that pot.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?