WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: TC Barrel Info.

Banned

TC Barrel Info.

I bought a used barrel for a TC Hawken. It has a low SN 19xxx , deeper rifling, no black powder only warning ,and an iron cross stamp under by the breach. Does anyone else have one like it and knows the Manufacturer?

Perma-Banned
    I have had barrels with iron cross, spade, diamond, M in a circle & probably a couple other marks. no known significance to it, just inspector marks or some such that T/C used from time to time. with marks or without, with model marked on barrel or not, if the bore is good and the barrel solid in the stock and with good sights they will all shoot better than you can hold them with just about whatever load/projectile you want to shoot in'em. I have a low 4-digit serial # gun made in 1970, the first year of production of the T/C Hawken and it shoots no better or worse than later guns I've had with serial numbers in the 700 thousands.

Banned
    Thanks bubba 50. Can you recommend a accurate target round ball load for the 1 in 48 twist?

Perma-Banned
    I don't fool with roundballs much. I shoot maxi-balls & Lee r.e.a.l. bullets. so I'll leave the roundball advice to more qualified individuals.

I've had good luck with the Lee R.E.A.L. too.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Master
    The TC's will shoot good with .490 and .015 patch, but you might want to try some .495's for top notch accuracy. The .490's will do for hunting, easier to load, but the .495's shoot better.

Boolit Master
    knows the Manufacturer?
    Thompson subcontracted barrel makers. i.e.__ spade>Hal Sharon__ german maltese cross>G,R.Douglas__m>Green Mtn.

I personally don't shoot a 50 cal. Only 45 54 & 58. Sorry I can't offer any information in regards to a 50 cal loading.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMax View Post
    Thompson subcontracted barrel makers. i.e.__ spade>Hal Sharon__ german maltese cross>G,R.Douglas__m>Green Mtn.
    OverMax is correct. My son has a .50 with a Sharon barrel and it shoots very accurately. Both Sharon and Douglas are top of the line.......

Boolit Master
    I have used the same load for PRB in my T/C Hawken for decades - 78 gr of 3F Goex. Deer fall right over and it get 2" or better groups at 100 yards with my factory iron sights. My home cat round balls measure .492 and I use an .010 patch. I use the same load in my .50 T/C Greyhawk stainless when the monsoons get truly ugly around here.