WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Put my dogs down today

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    We lost Patches 8/26/16 she is with Angel now. May they play at the Rainbow Bridge until we meet again. She was a brave little dog.
    Thank you LORD for the time we had.

On the 26 I played TAPS on my bugle and 6:30pm for Patches, this is the time we fed her and gave her insulin for the last 2 years 8 mo and 1 week. She was almost 12.
    Rest in peace girl. I couldn’t even write this until today.

Yes its a sad day. We all must have these days if we allow a Dog into our hearts. A dog leaves paw prints in our home and in our hearts.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

We have been the "route" a number of times and it's never easy...we can never replace a trusting friend but we can keep on stepping up to make a place for the next one that needs a loving home..tough to do but as someone said....it's the final act of a loving friend..if the roles were reversed and we were suffering I don't think our buddies would hesitate to ease our pain because of their love for us..stay strong.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    So sorry to hear of your loss . . . but it sounds like you did the right thing. I've been through it many times over the years and it's never easy. But, what you did was the kindest act of love that you could have ever given them in their state of health. I'm a firm believer that when it is our time, we will be greeted by our loyal and loving four legged friends and reunited with them forever.

Grieve and when it is time, there are many out there that need a loving and secure home. Every one is different but they all will be devoted and give so much love back. Take care and our prayers are with you in this difficult time.
    I'm sorry for your loss bedbugbilly said it well . It's hard to lose anything that loves you back .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned
    I have had to put a lot of dogs down and it never gets any easier, get a puppy as soon as possible. We have a new Border Collie puppy to play with now

I am keeping you in my prayers.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry to hear of your losses.Good pets an good riding partners are hard to come by. Prayer for your family an the riders family

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a tough lick my Friend. I like to think that they are in a better place.

Boolit Mold
    Had to pet my bud Pugsly (12 year old grey Manx) to his rest last week... I and his other bud Mylo(short for Mylito Thrash) really miss him.

Super Moderator

I'm very sorry for your loss my friend. May the memories of your sweet dogs last in your heart forever.

Been there done that too gosh dang many times in my 66 years...I hesitate to even respond to these threads like this as it rolls out all the mind movies of the best friends that I have had to make this call on. All the times I held them lovingly as the Vet injected them...somehow, I pray that they understood. Heck, just look back at all the times you would swear that they can read your mind! You might only be contemplating going to the store and you see them sitting and waiting to go...God how I miss them all as I am sure you do too.
    I know your pain and know also that there is absolutely nothing that can be said to alleviate the pain you endure...But, this too shall pass, not go away, just the pain will subside over time as long as we do not reminisce or stop to look at their picture too often.
    I wish there was a way to deal with this but there ain't.

You have my most heartfelt condolences...charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Sorry to hear. Tough job, many don't understand. It has been a year and a half since I put mine down. I still don't like to talk about it.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Sorry to hear about both events friend. You've got friends here who'll be right here if you feel like hanging out, or reading about our goofy new gun, new favorite load, or whatever else we have in the way of fun stuff to distract us from our problems.

But hang in there man...losing a good pet or friend is tough.

-Butchman

Perma-Banned

Sorry to hear this.

They certainly take a part of us with them.

Moderator Emeritus

Hard to lose a family member, that is what pets are!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Boolit Bub
    A hard duty, but one owed to those we love. I had to put my little pumpkin down last year at 18 years of age, she was no longer able to stand and was failing badly. She slept one last night on my bed and a kind vet eased her on her journey while my mom, sister and I were there to see her off. Looking at the last pic I took of her later, it was evident just how tired and ready she was.

Condolances.

Banned

its been a couple months since I lost my best friend and I still tear up when I glance at his picture. I feel for you.

in Remebrance
    I read not long ago that God gave us dogs to teach us the meaning of unconditional love. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Banned

I can't comfort you. No pain is worse then the loss of a friend. I understand if they are in pain but it is still not something I want.
    I never felt bad when a family member lived a long, good life. It was time but a dog really hurts me.
    I look at my little one sleeping under my seat and she is healthy but I still get tears knowing I will lose her someday.
    I can only say GOD BLESS you. You did all you could.

This is my best friend sitting on my lap the morning we took him for his last car ride. Rosco we 14. His pal Diesel the Husky misses him as much as we do. Diesel now has separation anxiety and does not like to be left alone. He still runs to the gate every time the car pulls in, I believe he is looking for his buddy.

It is never easy though I am comforted knowing he is no longer suffering.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks to all and condolences to all who have gone thru the same thing. Breaks your heart to do it, but it was the last act of love I could do for them. Vet came to the house and did a great job. First shot to put them to sleep in a few minutes. Gave me time to say goodbye and tell them what good dogs they were and I would miss them. Then the finish. Had one for 15 years, the other for 14 1/2.

Strange, but both my cats are real "clingy" now.

And also, when I way burying the boys and saying a last goodbye, the two neighbor dogs, who usually bark constantly when we are anywhere near the fence line, didn't make a sound. Thats never happened before. Its like they knew.

Thanks again