Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Low comb on a 527 CZ Lux

Low comb on a 527 CZ Lux

I'm thinking of buying a CZ Lux in 22 hornet. I'll be using a set of medium height mounts to assist with scope clearance. This will slightly worsen the fit and alignment of eye to scope as the comb is lower than the classic model to allow for use of the open sights.

Can anyone recommend a strap on bag or something to raise the height and give some more support.
    I don't want to permanently alter the stock.

It would help if the product looks good and is in keeping with the quality of the CZ.

Have you actually held a Lux in the firing position ?

Although YMMV, I had N.P. when sighting my CZ-527H (.22 Hornet) with a Leupold M8-x scope mounted.

That said:

You should first determine &measure how much higher you need the comb raised

This is a Leatherman

This is a Brauer

Yet another

You can google "rifle stock comb raiser" to find several other designs/materials.

Thanks for posting the images. I've held a lux and classic model side by side and found the stock a much nicer fit for scope use on the classic. The down side was to me they are less pretty and added to this the cost was about $400 different on the new rifles (in the lux's favour) and the classic had a boring plank for a stock.

Boolit Master

Contact member 45coltnut. He had a thread selling a very nice leather cartridge holder that attaches to the stock. I have a Marlin 336 scoped and the comb is too low. I haven't gotten around to seeing how high I need to come up but I contacted him and he was willing to make one to raise the comb and reasonably.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Who offers Medium rings or low for the 527? All I've found so far is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Who offers Medium rings or low for the 527? All I've found so far is high.
    I used a nice set of Burris/CZ rings on mine, since low or medium rings will allow the bolt handle to hit the scope's rear end lens housing during cycling.

(I didn't want to get into altering the bolt handle)

I have 527 Lux in .222 Rem. with a Bushnell scope that the bolt handle just barely clears the scope bell. I never had a problem adapting to the comb. i must have the right combination of scope height and face shape. Ha.

But it does seem that CZ went out of their way -- with the odd scope grooves and bolt handle--to make it a chore to mount a scope on their rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by blixen View Post
    I have 527 Lux in .222 Rem. with a Bushnell scope that the bolt handle just barely clears the scope bell. I never had a problem adapting to the comb. i must have the right combination of scope height and face shape. Ha.

But it does seem that CZ went out of their way -- with the odd scope grooves and bolt handle--to make it a chore to mount a scope on their rifles.

Yeah, but like the Sako & Ruger rifles, the scope bases integral with the receiver is well worth the price of admission.........

Boolit Master
    I have a CZ 550 with the Full Stock and it has the sloping stock/hog back style stock as well. I don't have any issues with looking through the scope now. I do have to raise my cheek weld up a bit but it's no worse than having a 20MOA rail on a long range rig.