WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I did not contribute.

Moderator Emeritus

Government will shut down whatever it pleases when it pleases... they have the control of the internet.

And think they have control of the sheeple - when they think they are loosing control of the sheeple that's when they will take draconian measures.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    that is one of the main reasons this could happen. The NRA is the most powerful organization that fights for our rights as gun owners. I personaly think it should be mandatory that anyone posting here should be a member or the NRA. Id bet at least 25 percent of our members aren't. So if your not what are you doing to help? Easy to talk big on a computer. Sure the NRA has flaws. What organization doesn't? But until a better fighter for our freedom comes along you might want to open your eyes and see that the 50 bucks or so that you contribute every year to the NRA is some of the best money you spend. If not you should consider what another poster said and find another hobby. To me this is much more then a hobby its my life. If I have to even go one day without food its a small price to pay. Same goes for this site. People come and post every day on here. Even us old timers learn new things all the time. It cost less then a dime a day to make a 25 dollar contribution once a year. Is there anyone here that managed to come up with 500 bucks to buy a computer or bought a new gun in the last 5 years that cant afford a 25 dollar once a year contribution? I guess it comes down to where your priorities lay. I chuckle some times on here. All the men and women who talk the talk but are in fact more liberal then conservative. They make excuses for not buying American, excuses for not actually supporting this site that they use about every day, excuses for not supporting the NRA because they make a mistake once in a while. Keep letting others fight your battles and see where youll end up.
    Before you go shooting your mouth off, you should first ask a question. Something like are you a NRA supporter? (Did you even notice the NRA Member banner to the immediate left?)Then your post might not be so foolish. I am an ardent NRA supporter and will continue to be for the exact reasons you site. But I will still be critical of their tactics. Instead of starting on your high horse, start with humility, it always works out better.
    Last edited by Bzcraig; 08-13-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Banned

Don't you see that posts like yours might influence someone that's hows teetering on the line of contributing or not. Theres a ton of people on this sight that are gun owners that don't contribute. Seeing something negative sure doesn't help. I guess if I truly believed "NRA-ILA have become alarmists to the point of beginning to destroy their credibility" I would feel like a hypocrite supporting them anyway. No, the scary people are people like Hillary that think were all gun crazed idiots. Liberals like her that want ALL of our guns. ALARMISTS! You bet there alarmist. IF ANTHING they need to sound the alarm LOUDER. They need to wake up those who don't contribute to join the fight before its to late. The liberals in this country want to take away your constitutional rights plane and simple. Many died for those constitutional rights. You yourself served. I'm surely not trying to bad mouth you personaly here. Your an nra member and a vet. Keep in mind though that not all are and not all think like we do and little things you say can effect the big picture.

Boolit Master
    I have no idea how you think not contributing will help keep the site open...
    i gave $20 because I figured I have got at least $20 worth of information from the site in the last year. If somehow the site was shutdown the least of my concerns would be the fact that I gave them $20.

Banned

Well said reddog. I could care less what lists I get put on or if the president himself sees I'm a gun owner. I'm all over the gun forums on the internet and have NEVER once tried to hide my true identity. Personally I think anyone that's afraid to contribute to this site needs some back bone and a different place to spend his on line time. Same goes for the nra. I don't care who knows I'm a member. As a matter of fact I'm proud of it. In my opinion if the NRA only did HALF what id does now it would be the best 50 bucks a gun owner could spend.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Hey, this is like my second home. I paid enough for my next year membership and donated a little bit more to top it off. Let em come after me. I won't loose any sleep worrying about it.

The NRA, I've been an annual member from since I don't remember. I think my membership is good for at least a couple more yrs as of right now.
    I do take advantage of promotions. A few years ago Bass Pro offered a $25 gift card for the $25 yearly membership. I jumped on that promotion like a duck on a June bug.
    Another time, I went to the big Gun Show here in Houston. Updating my NRA membership for another year got me free admisinon to the show, a ball cap and a Tee Shirt.

The range that I just came in from about 30 minutes ago requires you to be an NRA member and have proof that your NRA membership will be valid through the entire year.
    It's a great range for anybody in the Houston, Pearland area. Google PSC range in Pearland if you are interested.

Someone mentioned that Cast Boolits should require our members to be NRA Members. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    I don't agree with everything the NRA does but they are the best that there is for helping "Us" keep our second Amendment rights.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

This is a public free site and not a subscription site. If a fellow wants to contribute or not contribute for whatever reason it is his right.

Not contributing for fear of the government is an OK reason, if that is what he thinks. However, it is my nature to say my piece and the Devil take the hindmost.

I am a Life Member of the NRA and have been so for many decades. It does allot of good things for the shooters and gun owners of America. It is always right? Well no, but it is mostly right and that is good enough for me. Heck, I don't even agree with myself self from time to time.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Super Moderator

I did not contribute either, but for vastly different reasons. I vehemently disagreed with the permanent banning of certain members last year, LG & GS. They contributed so, so very much valuable info to this forum! I'm sorry they were so opinionated, but really? Why not a one year ban or something? This is a public forum, so we are always going to have some disagreements and personal conflicts along the way. I'm sorry, but that one REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. OK, I hope I'm not banned now too...Shooter

Boolit Grand Master
    Shooter,
    You are not alone.

Many good people that have knowledge have been banned or have left. The site loses as a result. I certainly miss their contributions.

We we are not privy to what PM's were sent or warnings issued. I have been warned and afforded another chance. I try to behave better.

There is some atrocious behavior in the Pit. But it is acceptable there.

Boolit Bub
    suck it up and send 25 dollars.

Boolit Master

Paranoia will destroy ya!

Banned

shooter you know you gotta go a LOT further than that to get banned.
    about 10 knock it off's, some actual points, and then a staff meeting all take place.

Banned

Anyone here that knows me knows I tell It like it is and don't sugar coat ANYTHING. Ive yet to even get a warning other then one time for listing something I was selling on another site. Id say if someone got banned and you don't think they deserved it you didn't have access to all the info or the big picture. I got along real well with the old owner of this site. Ive been here since the beginning. But I will say this. The new owners seem much more apt to allow someone to "tell it like it is" then the old group. they let thread go where theres arguing that would have been slammed shut 5 years ago. that said keep in mind that this fourm IS OWNED. Its not your free rein territory that you have some RIGHT to post on. You have the privilege of posting here not the right! If you pm the owner and call him a @@@@@ @@@@ @@@@@@ your likely to get the boot. Bottom line theres other sites you can post on. If you don't like the way this ones ran then hit the door running. Nobody is forced to come here and certainly not forced to contribute but imo the few bucks ive spent contributing on this fourm through the years is a pittance when I look at the knowledge and entertainment value ive got in return. I look at this like a gym membership. I pay my yearly fee but it just buys me the privilege of using the equipment. I sure don't own it or have a say. If I break the rules I loose my membership. The rules are plain and simple. There not changed everyday. If you break them don't wine when theres consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Paranoia will destroy ya!
    agreed!

Banned

no, sticking your head in the sand and letting everyone else take care of business is what will eventually destroy you. Let the other guy pay the way and freeload your way through life. Sounds a lot like a liberal doesn't it!!

No freeloading here. Work my a$$ off everyday and just don't have time for all the political nonsense.

Boolit Buddy

I am a sponser for Team Boolits, and I contributed to the server drive. I don't and didn't do these things because I felt obligated to, I did them because I DIDN'T feel obligated to. This site has been of great benefit to me in learning about casting boolits, learning tricks and better methods of reloading, and generally feeling at home expressing my opinion on matters of world shaking importance. I don't agree with the stated opinions of all of the people here, but I will fight till my last breath for their right to hold those opinions and to state them loudly! I contribute because it makes me feel like I'm a part of something that contributes to the lives of it's members and visitors; and that's really all you can ask of an organization, in person or on-line. As for people being banned, we have to have rules and they must be enforced; else we have what's happening in the inner cities of our nation. Anarchy is not freedom, it's rule of the least civilized!
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Banned

There is no other site in my opinion. I explained about money and have been denied a COL raise in SS because of the gov't. I paid all my life into it and will never get it all back.
    I have some new guns but had to sell 2 or 3 for 1. It is not easy to see great guns go away.
    Then carol is a hard butt for giving any money. She controls finances and pays bills. I make excuses to get a few dollars. My wallet mostly has less then $5 in it. Can't buy some chew. If I was rich I would give a million.
    In the end the Gov't screws us. To take away the first and second while we complain will fail us. Our words or votes mean so little today. I watched a video where the voting machine was hacked. Remember the state where not a single vote went to a republican? Not going to happen but it did.
    Have you seen the list of deaths recently of those that oppose Hilliary?

Boolit Grand Master

Move along! Nothing here to see! Follow the crowd like good little sheep.
    I always heard that "where there's smoke there's fire" and the Hillery clan smokes like a hay barn on fire.
    Information not shared. is wasted.