Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electronic powder dispensers

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    I have the Hornady dispencer about 3 years now. It seems that I have to reset zero after about every over charge.
    That was one of my issues as well with the Hornady dispenser.. May have been every 4 or 5 charge but way way too often ..The RCBS has a double check feature
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

had my chargemaster 1500 for a bunch of years. it holds zero perfectly and throws accurate charges.

Boolit Master
    My RCBS Chargemaster is my go to scale. I check it with it with my RCBS 10-10 and also my GemPro 250. It's just shocking that they all continually agree on such minute weights...
    [

Boolit Mold
    I was thinking of getting the RCBS chargemaster 1500 combo because I also got the Midway email stating it was on sale for $300. I don't really need one but of course it would be nice. Was going to google search it for opinions but I checked here first. Thanks to all who have chimed in, I have decided to buy. Does anyone know why the price is so cheap? I first looked at this about a year ago and it was in the $500 range and I put it out of mind due to price. At $300 plus $75 rebate its almost a no brainer. Is this model being phased out for a newer one soon?

Boolit Grand Master

It goes on sale all the time. I bought it a few years back for right around $300 plus a RCBS rebate on top.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo 110 Volt

Average dispensing time of 60 grains of extruded powder is 30 seconds
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master

Dispensing time is adjustable. There are a lot of parameters that can be changed.

Boolit Master

Not to hijack the thread but, I have the Hornady Auto Charge.
    I found some very useful info on the Hornady Web Site under FAQS.
    Read the 3rd or 4th, whichever applies.
    It improved my use of the the Auto Charge.
    The instructions of how to program the trickle speed and the trickle start time are easy to follow and vastly improves the Auto Charge when adjusted properly for each powder.
    The dispensing speed is great when it is properly adjusted.
    Not trying to bash the RCBS but a friend who owns one says my Hornady is much faster.....dale

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

The electronic scale that I had was never as accurate as my beam scale.You always had to wait for it to rezero to get any kind of accuracy out of it.I gave it to a tinker friend of mine and I think he gave up on it also.I know that he uses an Ohaus Scale now.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Vendor Sponsor

The current method I am using for precision powder drops is this RCBS device that attaches to a regular powder measure.

I dump directly into a pan on a scale and generally set up the drop to be about .2 low and then trickle the remainder in using the integral Powder Trickler.

Many people have pooh poohed this device as being a joke, cheap and various other derogatory comments which only reflect their lack of understanding,,, however I'm here to tell you that it is well made and works Bitchin'! It is much faster than any of the electronic units and when paired with my RCBS 1010 the system is accurate to a Gnat's ****.

I achieve the same accuracy as my Lyman DPS3 when using a cheap FA Digital Scale, but at a faster pace.

I can load 50 rounds with measured charges in 30 minutes easily. It takes 2 minutes to set up the system and there is no 30 minute warm up time, which I consider to be the deal breaker with electronic dispensers. I am already done when they are just starting, and at typically 20-45 seconds per drop I can beat them everytime. My drops take 10 seconds max!

This is the reason why my Lyman DPS3 is currently for sale.

This device works with any measuring tool you choose to weigh the charge, and at $60 it is well worth the price as you get a PM stand with it.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 07-25-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

there is no 30min warmup time on a chargemaster 1500, turn it on, calibrate it (takes 2 minutes tops), and start dispensing powder.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    there is no 30min warmup time on a chargemaster 1500, turn it on, calibrate it (takes 2 minutes tops), and start dispensing powder.
    I concur. There is no drift as it warms up. I typically turn mine on before setting anything else up. But there have been times I have forgotten to. Turn it on and off I go.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    The current method I am using for precision powder drops is this RCBS device that attaches to a regular powder measure.

I dump directly into a pan on a scale and generally set up the drop to be about .2 low and then trickle the remainder in using the integral Powder Trickler.

Many people have pooh poohed this device as being a joke, cheap and various other derogatory comments which only reflect their lack of understanding,,, however I'm here to tell you that it is well made and works Bitchin'! It is much faster than any of the electronic units and when paired with my RCBS 1010 the system is accurate to a Gnat's ****.

I achieve the same accuracy as my Lyman DPS3 when using a cheap FA Digital Scale, but at a faster pace.

I can load 50 rounds with measured charges in 30 minutes easily. It takes 2 minutes to set up the system and there is no 30 minute warm up time, which I consider to be the deal breaker with electronic dispensers. I am already done when they are just starting, and at typically 20-45 seconds per drop I can beat them everytime. My drops take 10 seconds max!

This is the reason why my Lyman DPS3 is currently for sale.

This device works with any measuring tool you choose to weigh the charge, and at $60 it is well worth the price as you get a PM stand with it.

Randy
    I like the looks of this. I saw an ad for the new Hornady Lock-N-Load Quick Trickle Powder Trickler, which piqued my interest. Here's a link: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/428...owder-trickler

My one concern would be spinning the macro knob on big powder drops. Looks like the RCBS add-on that buchanan references gets the best of both. Quick dump of a traditional powder dump, with built in trickler. I'm going to have to put one on my wishlist.

Boolit Master

Before I spent nearly $90 on a trickler, I would consider the Auto Charge that dispenses and trickles to .1 gr accuracy...dale