Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2

Thread: Need Loads for 32 H&R w/125gr SWC

Boolit Bub

Need Loads for 32 H&R w/125gr SWC

Hi folks-
    Does anyone have some 'regular' (not 'hot rod') 32 H&R loads for 125 gr SWC bullets (cast by RimRock) that they would share with me?
    BTW, the ammo will be shot in a revolver.
    Thanks!

Boolit Bub
    hi mt dd fan,
    that bullet might be a little heavy for your revolver. i shot 32 mag in a tc contender, and marlin cowboy gun, using 85-100gn bullets. i liked hs-6. some guys shot 165gns, .308 size bullet in their tc's. maybe go over to the s&w forum for info....dancast.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks dancast, I'll pass your tips along to my brother with the 32H&R.

Boolit Buddy
    A good number of forum members who love 32 caliber revolvers regularly use 115 gr. bullets intended for the .32-20 in their 32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Mag revolvers so I see no reason why the 125 gr. Rimrock bullet cannot be used as well. The sticky for the 32 Long revolver is a good place to start.

Boolit Bub
    Tejano, thanks for the lead!

Moderator Emeritus

H&R revolver, Single Six, BLackhawk or GP all will have different levels of comfort and accuracy. My Single Six does it's best work with the RCBS 98 SWC.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    I used to use LILGUN behind a 122 gr rnfp in my Ruger SSM before I decided anything that I needed that much velocity and boolit weight for was better off being shot with a .357 Magnum. It was accurate, but shot three or four inches high at twenty five yards.

I have since backed down to using the RCBS 98 SWC.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    I shot a few 311-465 boolits that went about 124 grains. I used 3.1 grains of WW-231. The POI/POA were quite different, so much so that I abandoned this avenue. Frankly, the RCBS 32-98 SWC works so well, I have no intent of looking elsewhere.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    On a post quite some time back Ed Harris said: "My advise is to use the less expensive .32 S&W Long brass in everything. That's what I do. Using 2.5 grs. of Bullseye in Remington .32 S&W Long brass with Remington primers and the 115-gr. NEI #82 bullet at 1.32" OAL velocity is 830 fps in the 4-5/8 Ruger and 990 f.p.s. in the 20" Marlin 1894.

I get 2-inch 25 yard groups in the Ruger and 2 inch 50 yard groups in the Marlin. "
    I tried it and it works. In 32 mag cases I increase the charge to 3.0 gr.

Try out some AA#9 with that boolit. It is a top performer in .32 mag and.327.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!