Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bermuda Triangle: Ship Mysteriously Reappears 90 Years After Going Missing.

Vendor Sponsor

Bermuda Triangle: Ship Mysteriously Reappears 90 Years After Going Missing.

Havana| The Cuban Coast Guard announced this morning, that they had intercepted an unmanned ship heading for the island, which is presumed to be the SS Cotopaxi, a tramp steamer which vanished in December 1925 and has since been connected to the legend of the Bermuda Triangle.

The Cuban authorities spotted the ship for the first time on May 16, near a restricted military zone, west of Havana. They made many unsuccessful attempts to communicate with the crew, and finally mobilized three patrol boats to intercept it.

When they reached it, they were surprised to find that the ship was actually a nearly 100-year old steamer identified as the Cotopaxi, a name famously associated with the legend of the Bermuda Triangle. There was no one on board and the ship seemed to have been abandoned for decades, suggesting that this could actually be the tramp freighter that disappeared in 1925.

An exhaustive search of the ship led to the discovery of the captain’s logbook. It was, indeed, associated with the Clinchfield Navigation Company, the owners of the SS Cotopaxi, but hasn’t brought any clue concerning what happened to the ship over the last 90 years.

Cuban expert, Rodolfo Salvador Cruz, believes that the captain’s logbook is authentic. This document is full of precious information concerning the life of the crew before the ship’s disappearance, but the entries stop suddenly on December 1, 1925.

On 29 November 1925, the SS Cotopaxi departed Charleston, South Carolina, and headed towards Havana, Cuba. The ship had a crew of 32 men, under the command of Captain W. J. Meyer, and was carrying a cargo of 2340 tons of coal. It was reported missing two days later, and was unheard of for almost 90 years.

The Vice President of Council of Ministers, General Abelardo Colomé, announced that the Cuban authorities were going to conduct a thorough investigation to elucidate the mystery of the ship’s disappearance and reappearance.

“It is very important for us to understand what happened” says General Colomé.

“Such incidents could be really bad for our economy, so want to make sure that this kind of disappearance doesn’t happen again. The time has come to solve the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, once and for all.”

The Bermuda Triangle is a loosely defined region covering the area between Miami, Puerto Rico and Bermuda, where dozens of ships and planes have disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

Popular culture has attributed many of the disappearances to paranormal and supernatural phenomena, or to the activity of extraterrestrial beings..

One explanation, even pins the blame on leftover technology from the mythical lost continent of Atlantis.

Despite the popularity of all these strange theories, most scientists don’t even recognize the existence of the Bermuda Triangle, and blame human mistakes and natural phenomena for the disappearances.

The mysterious reappearance of the SS Cotopaxi has, however, already generated a lot of interest in the scientific community and could push some experts to change their mind on the subject.

http://www.grazeme.com/bermuda-trian...c-1e07f039d301
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy

She's sittin high in the water. Wonder where all that coal went ?

Unbelievable!!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Grand Master

It was Bush's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    It was Bush's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hummmmmm I'm not buying it this time, either
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Gelandangan View Post
    Haha!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

Yup a boat that old floating on the ocean would have developed enough leaks through the years that it could never be still afloat. Only way possible is if the Cuban government had it and kept it out of the water or spend a lot of money maintaining it to keep it afloat.

So is the OP just trying to pull a stunt here? This was supposed to be news in 2015.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

I find it hard to believe too, it takes effort to keep a new boat afloat. But with that said the triangle is a mysterious place.
    Fair winds, and following seas.
    be safe
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Master
    You guys are so gullible, no way Cuba has 3 patrol boats.

Banned

they 'finally' mobilized 3 patrol boats.
    it probably took them most of the day to find an out board motor that worked.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    You guys are so gullible, no way Cuba has 3 patrol boats.
    Do so! a 14' Jon boat with a duct tape patch below the water line, a bamboo raft, and a half a 55 gallon drum with outriggers. They have to share 1 paddle though.

Moderator Emeritus

As a one-time "deck ape" on a ship, it's amazing how much time is spent scraping and repainting those things! 100 years asea with zero maintenance? I kind'a doubt it. Ever seen some of the wrecks that were beached during WWII? They're decades younger than the aleged story here, adn just look at the skeletons that are left of them!

That's the good thing about the 'net. It keeps us skeptical and questioning .... or at least it's supposed to. I doubt there's anyone here who hasn't been fooled at least for a while by some of these type stories.

I'm putti'n a call through to Fox Mulder right now!

In a somewhat related story , this was making the rounds a little while back.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-...n-great-lakes/
    loading 22 Hornet, 218 Bee, 223 Rem, 22-250, 220 Swift, 6MM Rem, 6.5X55, 7X57, 7-30 Waters, 30-06 , 32-20 Win, 303 British, 38/357 , 12 and 20 gauge

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    I'm putti'n a call through to Fox Mulder right now!
    You can call Fox Mulder, but I am going to call Dana Scully.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    You can call Fox Mulder, but I am going to call Dana Scully.
    She won't come to somethi'n like this without Fox draggi'n her along.

Boolit Man
    One of the most interesting theories I've read regarding the triangle is that there are huge methane deposits on the ocean floor. When one of these massive deposits bubbles up underneath the ship it breaks the surface tension of the water and causes the ship to sink instantly. The ocean is a vast and terrifying place.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I still like the alien mother ship spitting it back out theory the best.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.