Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I need a mold!

Boolit Mold

I need a mold!

OK, I tried to buy my way into some 7.62x25 bullets no luck so I need to buy one and get my butt to work. So I need to get a mold and its probable going to be a Lee mold for the cost ( yep I am cheap right now) It will be my first real try at molding my own since I was in my teens. Give me a mold number that you use for the caliber so I will not buy the wrong one. I know what I am doing its just been many years since I have done it. A single cavity mold will do.

Many thanks in advance.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't have a Lee catalog in front of me, but I'd think a 100-125gr gc boolit .30cal would do the trick. Do you want a TL design or a traditional design?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

AS always... slug the bore first...If this is a Broomhandle get a reading at both ends. I have seen several pre-WW1 with LARGE chamber areas .310 - .314 that taper down to .309 - .311 at the muzzle. Broomhandles do shoot great with cast boolits of the proper diameter and hardness... BUT you must have that chamber diameter filled.

Check your groove dimeter first. Mine (CZ52) is .314, and there are almost no molds in that diameter. I have a .311576 That I've lapped and beagled out to .316 for mine. Easiest answer might be a Lee custom, or Mountain mold.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Mold
    OK, I sluged the bores and I have .311 for the first cz-52 and .309 for the second cz-52 now which mold should I get ?

Lee makes 2 rn and 1 swc molds for the 32/20 - 32 s&w that are 93 or 100 gr. that might work. For a gas check mold they make a .30 cal. 120 gr rn, probably drops boolits at about .311, so that could work.

Boolit Master
    Have not seen a Lee mold suitable, not to say they don't have one, but the RCBS 32-98-FP for the .32 S&W Long works great for the Tokarev cartridge. I posted a load for this in the shared loads.