Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: GOD , please let me be just half the man I once was .

Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Weight today 6-9-16 ;

Yesterday had ;

Big turkey leg
    2 small summer squash baked
    1 sliced large tomato with dressing
    4 jalapenos
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-09-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Boaz, I have to admit, I'm amazed at how little you're getting by on. You're a real inspiration, brother! Thanks. Examples like yours MEAN something to many, even if we don't post it very often. Thanks.

Good morning pork butt,
    Well, "hard core" Friday is upon us. Get crackin'.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

I'm good to go . Looking forward to tomorrow . Shouldn't even say it but am hoping to hit the 20's in this run , probably 'jinxing' myself by talking about it lol. Attitude is good , goal oriented , determined , we shall see ! He is with me .

Lord be with and guide me . You have given me strength and confidence , you have held me up . Continue to be with me in this and sustain me . In your holy name I ask it . Amen

Amen, my Brother, Amen.

Weight today 6-10-16 ;

Yesterday I had ;

2 big homemade pickled sausage

big salad with turkey and used mustard for dressing

2 nectarines

1 small apple

Starting back in earnest today . I maintained pretty good while taking a break , didn't gain but a couple of pounds back so it's a good deal .

Moderator Emeritus

Boaz, you've become a hero to me. How you say it's "easy" is mystifying to me. If I ate like you do, I'd have the shakes constantly! But I'm trying to chase you as hard as I can go and keep the shakes to a bare minimum. Keep up the good work, but take care of yourself. Don't want any more shed incidents! And don't let the plateaus make you impatient. The lower your wt. gets, the harder it is to lose further. It's the body's many mechanisms working. They think you're starving, and can't tell the difference between willful wt. reduction and famine circumstances. That makes it harder to lose wt. and harder to just keep the hands steady on the throttle and steering wheel, but the wt. will just suddenly start dropping again. As in the old song, "keep your hands upon the throttle and your eyes upon the rails."

I have repeated many times that GOD is helping me . It has been easy .

Hey pork butt,
    I'm a little late to the rodeo today, but good job. Welcome to "hard core" Friday. Keep it up, my friend.

LOL , workin on it .

Banned

if one can afford a recumbent tricycle, l lost 20 lbs., ain't even trying. Ride in neighborhood late evening wihen sun dwn,, hour bout 4 days week. Mine was catrike 700. I stepped up a lil with one l have now.

I replaced milk w/choc almond milk,,, ice cream with dannon plain yogurt (add fruit). No chicken eggs pork shellfish (allergies w/last two). I eat beef potato's, i eat tuna salad l make. I quit eating out. I do not buy from frozen section in market. I eat all the bread l want. Lots of fresh fruit. Found a hamberger noodle (yoke free) casserole dish on google.

Breakfast is sourdough bread toasted w/honey-& butter, quaker oats with bananas, coffee. For at least 5 years. Sometimes a piece of country ham.

eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, supper like a pauper.

You haf to eat to loose weight, you need protein.

My answer is a recumbent trike. My friend has this one: & his YouTube channel below.

Buy: http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172018840717

http://youtu.be/L8B3ZGCAeDI

pay me know or oay me later but the riding is only way. It must be you new deal. Diets do not work. Your riding after 60 will change your life. Stamina, lungs, sleep, etc.. So enjoy ride a lil' in evenings.

pm if ya want, i will always ride. iam 63

I thank you for the advice . I agree the protein (meat preferably) is a deal breaker , I really don't eat enough meat but planning on adding more on a daily basis . I'm sure the trikes are nice but a little out of budget right now. I appreciate the input !

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Boaz, you've become a hero to me. How you say it's "easy" is mystifying to me. If I ate like you do, I'd have the shakes constantly! But I'm trying to chase you as hard as I can go and keep the shakes to a bare minimum. Keep up the good work, but take care of yourself. Don't want any more shed incidents! And don't let the plateaus make you impatient. The lower your wt. gets, the harder it is to lose further. It's the body's many mechanisms working. They think you're starving, and can't tell the difference between willful wt. reduction and famine circumstances. That makes it harder to lose wt. and harder to just keep the hands steady on the throttle and steering wheel, but the wt. will just suddenly start dropping again. As in the old song, "keep your hands upon the throttle and your eyes upon the rails."
    With the medical conditions you have you must take it slow . Going too fast would be very bad . I have faith in you and know you can . Just take it slow and pray for his help , he will help you . With GOD all is possible .
    Here in this Chapel we pray daily for each other . We praise him . We tell each other that GOD will help you through prayer and love for him . GOD IS helping me and I'll not deny him the praise . I am inconsequential , I deserve no praise or recognition. Christians are always stating as a fact of his intercession and help but when it gets real many back off suspicious of the claim of receiving help . I have received no power of prophecy , power of healing the sick , I can't turn water into wine.......without him intervening I would have been dead a year ago .
    In my own church when I claim he is helping and healing me some go silent , a direct claim that GOD is working in your life can be suspicious . Why ? I am physical evidence of his work ...not mine . It bothers me when fellow Christians doubt or scoff of his power and love . I'm pretty dang sure I'm not a special example , I'm not special in any way .This is a daily occurrence for many . Take it on faith or not , when anyone tells me he is working in their life in a good way I'll listen . Think about .

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Boaz. The hardest part for me is believing He'd even WANT to help me, but I know He does. And you're right. Most folks tend to believe only what they see, but part of that is because they don't look deep enough or often enough to see an awful lot that goes on all around them. And, I suspect many of them don't really want to, actually. At least not really. If they did, they'd look into things enough to delve them out. Most legitimately don't have a lot of time, but I suspect many of them are really kind'a glad of it. Many don't have any faith in their ability to interpret scriptures, so they don't even try! It's kind'a the self-fulfilling prophesy. But it's there for those who'll simply take a long, honest look, and simply LET themselves see the things that they've been ignoring and not noticing for so many years. Christ is always there.

This always reminds me of that old story about the guy walking down the beach with Jesus. He looks behind them, and sees only one set of footprints in the sand. So he turns to Jesus and says, "Lord, I notice that behind us, there are places where there are only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me alone at those times?" Christ answered him saying, "My child, those are the places where I carried you." There's an awful lot of Truth in that story. Sometimes we just don't see how much Christ really does for us because we view it through a filter of our "I wants." He's not some sugar daddy in the sky, and though he DOES indeed provide for us lavishly, we usually don't really appreciate it, and just complain that we don't have more! I've really come to appreciate what I have. It's all a total gift, and nothing we could possibly do could ever merit any of it.

That's why, like you say, all glory and honor goes to the Lord. We're all His to begin with, but some fall away and decide to be simply on their own without Him. And He lets them go, if that's what they choose. But those who stay faithful, even though trying his patience at times, He rewards richly - far beyond anything they could ever "earn." Do we worship a wondrous and awesome God or what?

Weight today ;

Yesterday had ;

Turnips for lunch

small turkey leg (last leg I had cooked , sad)

About 400 calories for the day

Signs of progress .

A year and a half ago I was wearing a size 68 in pants and overalls . I'm wearing size 50 pants now and they are too big . I only buy 2 pair of pants and one pair of overalls when going down in size . I find it gives me more incentive to get to the next size down . Becky bought me two pair of size 40 Levi's for my birthday 2 months ago ...smart move on her part ! I'm trying to get there .

Wore a 5x tee shirt when I started , I'm now wearing a 2x . I can buy clothes at Walmart instead of having to order online from a fat shop ... it's pretty nice and a third of the price .

When I change to a smaller size the old one's go in the Salvation Army box . Burning bridges...no turning back .