Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone had success with the Craftsman ES Gun?

Anyone had success with the Craftsman ES Gun?

I bought a Craftsmanship ES gun on EBay I made up a spray jig by using 100 self drilling screws through the bottom of a sheet pan. I attached the ground to one of the screws, but when I used the gun I could not get the powder to stick very well to the sides of my boolits. My boolits are .403 from a NOE mold. They sat nicely on the pointed ends of the screws. I thought this would be good since it would mean no powder in the HP. I put about two tablespoons of powder in the gun. I previously made a test on a old large wrench and the results where great. Has anybody else used the Craftsman ES gun with success? I am using smoke's jet black powder.
    Any comments would be welcome.

Boolit Mold
    That was my first pc gun,, the red screw came broke, but still worked, then the handle broke, I taped it up, still worked, then some plastic piece broke inside and locked up the fan, after I removed it, it worked again.. I know now why craftsman didn't want their name on it.. But it still works....lol. I have a harbor freight now, only because I wanted more kv..

I used one for years. No problems with the gun as long as the cup is not over filled. Less is more with the cup and you seem right on track with the two spoons of powder.

I just got the Eastwood gun because of the sale plus I can buy powder hoppers. Extra powder cups for the craftsman are more than I want to spend.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have had GREAT success with a Craftsman-like gun off the net. Have coated many thousands of boolits with it when I do not feel like digging out all the trappings of my HF ESPC gun.

You just gotta hold your mouth right. It does work.....and works very well. And remember to gently tap the gun against your palm to keep the fluidized bed action stirred up inside the thing. Just like any other ESPC gun.

banger

Ok , I bit the bullet and went out and bought a HF gun. Any advice on using it? For example, which of the diffuser nozzles to use and what air pressure? I will be using smokes black, so how much to put in the cup?
    To be honest this is all turning out to be a major excise, all I want to do is coat a load of bullets cheaply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Further to my last post I've had great success with the HF gun. Now I just have to make a decent holding tray that doesn't have a lot of overspray trapped. The big differences between the HF gun and the craftsman gun is the voltage and a more reliable powder spray.