Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Many thanks to Starline

Boolit Master

Many thanks to Starline

I asked if I could buy 6 sample cases to replace some casualties that I had. The Starline 40-65 brass is about the closest thing to necked brass they make.
    Starline sent me 10 at no charge. Now I will not have that aggravating mis-matched lot sizes of bullets and primers because I was short a few cases.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Have had good experiences with Starline. Now, if we could just get them to start manufacturing necked brass, e.g., 348, 25-20 and 218 bee. Also, wouldn't mind having a few hundred 45-60 cases that actually say 45-60 on the case head instead of 45-70.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    I think you can get them from Captec but they are really expensive for a sawed off 45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Have had good experiences with Starline. Now, if we could just get them to start manufacturing necked brass, e.g., 348, 25-20 and 218 bee. Also, wouldn't mind having a few hundred 45-60 cases that actually say 45-60 on the case head instead of 45-70.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    I would be willing to pay typical Starline 45-70 case prices for 45-60 cases. As I can cut down and deburr 50 45-70 cases in about 90 minutes, it's not logical to pay a premium for the head stamp.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."

Love their stuff and I really appreciate and recognize what they've done for the shooting community at large.....
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez Starline needs to make 7.65mm French Long Auto pistol brass too.
    EZ PEASY - rimless .32 S&W long brass - shortened....

Boolit Grand Master

Midway shorted me 2 of my 480 Ruger cases and I found a 41 Mag case in the box as well. I notified Midway and they said there was nothing they could do.

So I called starline and they sent me them in the mail. Super nice folks too.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    good experience w/starline also...

regarding 45-60, I did find plenty WW 45-60 headstamp not to long ago, think it my have been Natchez or Graf's, not sure, about a buck each, bought 120, enough for my lifetime with that caliber...they're out there...if you don't want to cut down 45-70's...fwiw...
    Last edited by rpludwig; 05-20-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have ordered many cals in 1K lots from them and always had easy fast service. If you need straight-wall brass, check them out! Good Missouri people making good American products!

banger

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rpludwig View Post
    good experience w/starline also...

regarding 45-60, I did find plenty WW 45-60 headstamp not to long ago, think it my have been Natchez or Graf's, not sure, about a buck each, bought 120, enough for my lifetime with that caliber...they're out there...if you don't want to cut down 45-70's...fwiw...
    Midway has Starline 45-60 brass on sale right now.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    Even accounting for the electricity, I can buy and cut down 45 -70 to 45-60 for about 50 cents a piece.

- Thomas Jefferson