MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: Home brew....

Home brew....

I used to work at a powder coat shop. When this first really came on the scene, I went to contact the shop. The owner always liked doing unique projects and was always on the look out for new products. His prices were unbelievable. Thought maybe I could con him into doing a few batches. Unfortunately they closed a little while back. Bummer. Any suggestions on home euipment?

Boolit Buddy
    All that info is here for the reading. You can begin with a cool whip container or you can make it more complicated and ES powder coat using a gun.

If you are just wanting to coat pistol boolits for now then I'd start with the shake and bake method. and Smokes clear powder. It's white and doesn't turn clear until you bake it.

It's all been discussed here and that info is free for the reading. Welcome to the world of powder coated boolits.

Mike

Boolit Master

#5 container and cheap oven from wally world or Good Will. that and powder and you are good to go.

be sure to check temp of oven. They are usually a bit off from what you sent them to
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

The powder itself is important. My 1st batch was Harbor Freight Black. It did not coat well, and looked poor. I picked up a toaster oven from the thrift store, and at 400 degrees, my boolits melted. What a mess!!!

I then bought some Harbor Freight Red, and wow, what a difference. I throw 25 boolits in a cool whip container, with just a little Powder Coat, shake it a bit, and it's coated. I turned down the oven a little, and now get nearly perfect PC'd Boolits.