Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: Possible Gunsmithing Lathe, Texas

Possible Gunsmithing Lathe, Texas

Not ready to post classified yet, but I now own another lathe that I really don't need. I bid and won a shop full of tools that includes a Rockwell 9 X 42 or 46" lathe with 3 jaw chuck and some other tooling--still has lantern post tool holders. I am having troubles getting pictures from my phone to my computer, but can post pictures later. This has 1 1/2" spindle hole and would make a great gunsmith lathe. I have a couple already so this will be on the market when I can get it in my possession and on a trailer. It is 3 phase, but I may have an extra phase converter available.

I can sell this locally as lathes and mills usually go fairly easily--I once posted 3 lathes and a shaper on Craig's list and sold all in a hour or less. This is in NE Texas, near Tyler, and if any of my cast bullet friends are interested, I will be happy to share the wealth and I could help with delivery--too big and hard to ship motor freight as crating would be a booger. . When I can get back in the barn/shop this is in I will post it for sale. I have other tools in this deal that I want, but really can not justify keeping this one. Also have a 18" rockwell planer, 3phase that I don't need as I have a 15" Oliver set up
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

It just never fails, this kinda stuff comes up for sale and I got no place to put it.......
    Good luck with the sale.
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    Bear67, you can always email photos to yourself, the email should show up on your puter, then you can post them. I do that all the time.

Boolit Buddy
    The Rockwell lathes are fine machines. Small enough for a couple of guys to move but ridged enough to do good work on.

Boolit Master
    I'd be interested and will be in natchitches and Shreveport on the 7,8,9th. Please pm me pics and price
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

It will be a couple of days before I can email anything. My wifelady says my phone must be upgraded as I have emailed pics to my computer and posted here for years, but will not work now. I can use hers, but mine doesn't work. I hate technology some times. akjun, I will get you info asap. I have not put a price on this one, but probably will put it on a trailer Saturday. It is mounted on 8' 4 x 4 skids so should be easier to load on a low trailer. Don't want to move a fork truck yet, but I have other equipment that I bought that is heavy X 2. I can sell the lathe locally, but I prefer it go to someone who will make beautiful accurate gun projects with it. I have a Clausing with 1 1/2" headstock hole and 48" between centers and it is much easier than my old Southbend 9C.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lathe 1.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	164892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lathe 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	164893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lathe 3.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	164894
    Wife upgraded phone, so I posted these 3. I will put a price on it and probably put it in S&S.

Boolit Bub

Any idea what it weighs ?
    Would probably overload my trailer.
    http://www.nra.org/
    MSGT, USAF, Retired

Crash
    I could not find any weight specs on this one but it is lighter than my Clausing with similiar swing and centers and it weighed 1812# with all chucks and acc including tailstock off the machine. Good excuse for a larger trailer. I am going to try to get it loaded out of shop and on a low trailer Saturday and I will run across scales and inquiring minds will know. I am tempted to keep it but I don't need 3 lathes and would have to move something to make room.