RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Brass annealer

Boolit Master

Brass annealer

OK, I've jumped into the "art and science" of long range shooting. Got myself a 6.5 Creedmoor RPR and Vortex Scope and Dies, ect. What I have found is that if I really want to shoot a lot I MUST anneal my brass. That stuff is very expensive to not try and maximize how many times I can reload them. So, to that end, I have added an Annealer to my setup. Best thing about getting the machine is that it is produced by a member on this site. Magic Mike makes them and they are 1st class in parts, design and utility. No BS warranty and the price point won't break the bank. I just got mine and haven't "fired" it up with the Propane yet (no Tempilaq), but I have test run it and it is smooth. Very short video of the unit with the adapter to allow annealing of 300 Blackout Brass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpptQKejuf4

Here's a pic of the operators manual giving you an idea of its configuration. Very small footprint, and that was a consideration because I never seem to have enough space.
    It's 10 wide; 6" in depth and 11.5" tall. The torch in the picture isn't included, it's just a representation.

Boolit Master

Operation page from manual. It explains the quality of the materials and how she works.

Boolit Master
    How much?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    How much?
    According to the website they are $350 shipped

Boolit Master

That sounds about right for them these days.

Once you have it you won't know how you lived without one. The first time you size after using it you will be amazed how much the brass had work hardened up to this point.

Some are re-plumbing the torch heads to work off of a 20 lb propane tank. I just use the small bottles and find them fine.

report back as we all like to learn about new stuff out there
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Spark45 today i am ordering one of Mikes units. i emailed back and forth with him and was impressed with his openness and willingness to answer all my questions. the price is fair and unit will fit my crowded shop i look forward to using this unit.

Boolit Master

Fantastic!! I think you'll be as impressed with the MRB annealer as I am. Mike is a bit OCD (that's a good thing when you're an Engineer) and everything about his Annealer is Top Shelf. You should get it in about two or three days.
    S45
    P.S. Where bouts in Missouri are you located? I'm about 100 miles straight west of Joplin.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    54 west of st louis off the same hiway.

Banned

I am generally about 175 miles east/southeast of Joplin. Lot of Ozarks members.

Boolit Master

You're the recent Calif. transplant, right jmort? Glad you made it out of there alive, and sane. I usually make it over to Springfield to the big gunshow every spring and occasionally the big show in Tulsa (April 2,3). It would be nice to have a get together sometime. Fella that used to be on this site, Goodsteel, does that sort of thing.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Sparky i ordered on 3-21, Mike notified me the unit shipped today. you talk about service that is quick this will be my first machine annealer and i guess i will put my 55 year old pan and plumbers torch away after i go mechanized. old dog went pid now an annealer, there is hope of learning new tricks. will write up my review of this machine and my experience getting transitioned to the 21st century. i do a lot of wild cat rifles so this thing will get quite a workout

Boolit Master

One thing you will appreciate, I know I do, is that Mike is continually upgrading the unit. He's sent me (without me asking) new higher temp O-rings for the rollers; and he found a newer/more precise motor for the roller and is shipping me one of those. You won't find better customer service, period. Dillon's is good, but basically being a one man shop, Mike also handles all phone calls and emails. Congrats on the unit, I know you won't be disappointed.

Boolit Bub

Looks like it will sure beat my battery drill with socket and the hand held propane torch, all handheld over the water bucket.
    http://www.nra.org/
    MSGT, USAF, Retired

Boolit Master

Jim; you get your Annealer yet? Need reports sir!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Sparky have unit first thing I did was examine his workmanship and it is first rate. Today I started setting the unit up picked up a hose service at ace hardware for 20 bucks had a couple of unused torch heads. With my br cases the kicker was needed to place the case where it should line up with the torch. Was easy to set up and dry run worked perfect. My extra 20 pound tank turned out to be empty. So did not set up flame. Still need to pick up some templique mine is gone. Sparky to say I am impressed so far is an understatement.

Boolit Master

Morning Jim;
    Have you had her fired up yet? I know Mike has continued to upgrade this little gem based on feedback from users. I haven't been able to contribute to the suggestion list, because I like the way it works, as is. Mike has already upgraded the rollers, O-rings, motor, ect. It's a great machine and he's making it better every time I speak with him. Enjoy!!