Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Register a Weapon in Washington, DC

Boolit Mold

How to Register a Weapon in Washington, DC

In Remembrance
    ONLY rifles, shotguns and revolvers may be
    registered in the District of Columbia. The following
    firearms may not be registered in the District: sawed-off
    shotguns, short-barreled rifles, machine guns and semiautomatic handguns.
    D.C. allows the registration of semi-auto rifles and shotguns...but not pistols.
    The 'in common use' language needs to be brought to bear to fix that.
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned

wonder what they'd qualify a webley as?

Boolit Master
    maybe someone can take some time and explain to the idiot mayor if dc, just what common usage means, scallias statement about not messing with the process.

of course you may have to use a baseball bat to get his attention..

baseball bats are not currently registered in dc.....

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Buddy
    I would pay to see it.

good luck

Super Moderator

..............They left themselves room:

please note:
    The information contained in this document
    is projected to become effective July 17, 2008
    and is deemed accurate as of its publication. Its
    contents are subject to change.

I made the last line bold.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    actually , i would suspect someone/nra files a law suit on monday or the 17th

In Remebrance

Lets hope NRA sees the opportunity. Remember they wanted nothing to do with Heller at first. I'l l be getting more emails off to them about that very idea. Hope all of you will too.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    wonder what they'd qualify a webley as?
    You mean a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver?

Most of the Webleys I've seen have been common top break revolvers.

The "automatic revolver" is just self cocking, otherwise functions like any other revolver. Silly idea.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Statesville, North Carolina...too close to Charlotte
    I wonder how a "prostitution related offense" would preclude one from registering a weapon? Does this mean you can shoot one gun, but not the other. You figure out which one can be shot .
    "Ignorance is the parent of fear."-Herman Melville

The essence of the lawsuit - Heller was that D.C had outlawed gun possession by requiring registration and then not allowing Heller or anyone else to register a (hand) gun. So we have to accept registration in order to not lose our constitutional right? How clear could "shall not be infringed" get without being ignored?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    The essence of the lawsuit - Heller was that D.C had outlawed gun possession by requiring registration and then not allowing Heller or anyone else to register a (hand) gun. So we have to accept registration in order to not lose our constitutional right? How clear could "shall not be infringed" get without being ignored?

no...it just happens that they have registration...look at the survey...gun registration.....almost 75% says no registration where they live!

Boolit Buddy
    I guess I should stop trying to understand what goes on in these people's head.

SCOTUS said DC must allow Heller to register his handgun; Heller's handgun was a Berretta...now they won't register semi-autos? Wonder if they know what contempt of court means?
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways
    to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."
    - Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

"The most effective way to find ourselves enslaved
    will not be done openly. If weakened we will sink gradually. I ask, who are the militia? They consist of the whole people,.... except a few public officers."
    - Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester View Post
    I guess I should stop trying to understand what goes on in these people's head.

SCOTUS said DC must allow Heller to register his handgun; Heller's handgun was a Berretta...now they won't register semi-autos?
    If that is true, and if D.C. knows he tried to register a semi-auto before the lawsuit (his paperwork should prove that)...

Heller should contact a local news agency and have them accompany him to the registration office. When he lays that Beretta on the counter...and is told 'no-can-do'...somebody is gonna feel like Fantasy Land has a fatal flaw in it.
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    cite the mayor for contempt of court, throw his butt in jail till its fixed and heller's gun is legal!

Boolit Master
    Mike, works for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    Lets hope NRA sees the opportunity. Remember they wanted nothing to do with Heller at first. I'l l be getting more emails off to them about that very idea. Hope all of you will too.
    Bret, when Heller was first filed, the NRA wanted little to do with it because SCOTUS was tilted 5-4 in favor of the liberals.

Put simply, it would've been a suicide mission as there are no appeals to Supreme Court decisions.

When the makeup of the court shifted to favor a conservative/correct outcome, the NRA threw massive resources into it.

I look for the NRA to raise nine kinds of hell with DC's "registration policy," and what's more, I expect the original US District Court judge to give DC a set amount of time to revise the registration policy to be in line with the Heller ruling, else the city leaders be found and held in contempt of court.

Jeff
    If every single gun owner belonged to the NRA as well as their respective state rifle/gun association, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.

Boolit Master

Notice the minimum length for a shotgun barrel is 20 inches, not the same as the federal standard for a short-barrel shotgun. And the limit on being able to fire 12 rounds without reloading... does that mean if there is a 15 round magazine available for your pistol, even if all you have are 10 round mags, it is prohibited? Oh, wait, the mayor already said, no semi-auto pistols allowed!

Boolit Master
    go check out the new and improved dc rules....

blatent dissregard for the heller rulling.
    notice they no longer mention no semi-autos( BECAUSE they have hidden semi's in thier unique definition of MACHINE GUN!..any (semi-auto) pistol capable of 12 or more shots without reloading!)

go read the new improved selfdefense option for in home guns....they must be dissassembled/locked untill near term requirement of defense is needed.

as i said before the mayor and his lackey need to have a contempt of court issued against them, thrown in a deep dark cell till heller and the rest of dc have permits.

the court said to issue a permit, then dc says permits are not required for in house.....not sure about that. maybe a good thing.

maybe
    http://mpdc.dc.gov

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/frames.asp?d...gis_071608.pdf

mike in co
    Last edited by mike in co; 07-17-2008 at 10:08 AM.

I'm curious.... what happens if you are a non-resident staying in town for a couple of days and have a firearm with you?