Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Say a little prayer for me...

I was told less than 5% keep it off after 2 years so yes I feel very lucky!

Banned

What a great report. God Bless you Brother. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Pearl View Post
    Immmm back!!! Well after two years of hauling crude oil in North Dakota I am now back in Michigan. Central Michigan now Baldwin to be exact! Loving life and so glad to be home. My weight lose journey has been incredible, this June 3 will be three years and I have lost a total of 270 lbs! I lost that in the first year and have been maintaining 205 pounds now since! Life has been good! Hope to get back in touch with everyone again!
    Amazing!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Thanks it truely is!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I would ask you a question , you need not answer or elaborate if you choose not to . Do you think our Lord helped you get through this?
    No turning back , No turning back !

110% I do. I was depressed, very unhealthy and weighed close to 500lbs. Seemed the more I tried the worse it got until I gave up, gave it up to the big guy. Two days later at a check up appt I had my doc laid the news on me. High blood pressure diabetes I felt like worse then ever. He mentioned a informational class about the surgery options so I agreed to go. That night I prayed, the next morning I called and got into a open seat for that night. Long story short lol I gave it to him and he led the way for me!

Very proud for ya, you did good. Happy to see you doing so well. Trust in the Lord and all things a capable.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

110% I do. I was depressed, very unhealthy and weighed close to 500lbs. Seemed the more I tried the worse it got until I gave up, gave it up to the big guy. Two days later at a check up appt I had my doc laid the news on me. High blood pressure diabetes I felt like worse then ever. He mentioned a informational class about the surgery options so I agreed to go. That night I prayed, the next morning I called and got into a open seat for that night. Long story short lol I gave it to him and he led the way for me!
    Thank you sir more than you know . Again I am more than happy for your victory ! I will pray for your success .

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent for you.

Boolit Master

Tony, I am happy to hear of your weight loss but most of all that you trust GOD in all things. I pray that you will continue to lose weight, Get more strength and praise GOD for seeing you through this ordeal.

Thank u but I hope I don't lose anymore weight lol I'm now 6'6" and 207 much more and I'll look like a crack head! Doc said ideal was 210 and I still have 15-20 lbs of skin to remove, but I'll never afford it. Just thankful to be healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Thank you sir more than you know . Again I am more than happy for your victory ! I will pray for your success .
    You considering it?

You considering it?
    No , I had considered it at one point but had more medical problems causing fluid retention and other issues that the surgery wouldn't help plus the failure factor that you mentioned . I think you made a good choice , your success proves that . I'm more than happy for you !

Boolit Master

Tony I have read your story here and it is amazing what you have allowed the Lord to do through your life. It takes a lot of perseverance to do what you have done. Without a doubt you could not have done it without the Lord being with you, I pray for continued strength and success in this journey.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Moderator Emeritus

BP, I know a young lady who had that surgery and it has also been very successful for her. It's amazing how much it changed her life. Glad it worked out well for you as well.

Moderator Emeritus

Heavenly Father, I come to You to ask that You whisper into the surgeons and medical team that will do the surgery and treatments following the surgery. Please remove and concerns and fears not only for Black Pearl but his family and friends as well. Father wrap Your loving arms around him and heal him... Amen
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Thank you all so much for the prayers and well wishes!!

Boolit Master

Praying for continued health and improvement.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Moderator Emeritus

BP, you've just won a battle that most just plain don't. What you were battling was really our survival instinct. Eating is as closely linked to our survival as breathing. And it's VERY hard to overcome our survival instincts, like eating, breathing, etc. But you did it! My hat's off to you, sir! Many of us fight this battle daily, though not quite to the extent you had to, and it's a constant problem and challenge. Ya' done good, sir. REAL good! And God can't do it by himself. He needed YOU to git-r-done, and you came through for HIM. So please accept our appreciation and respect for providing the rest of us with a fine example of what all God can do when he has our help in whatever we face. Examples like your matter. Thanks for helping show us the way.

Thank you so much it has been one heck of a journey. But the rewards are incredible, I turned 40 this year and I am in the best shape of my life. Feel better than ever! Will say as a warning to anyone thinking about this, the skin, the skin, the skin! That's my only negative, had dreams of walking a beach shirtless for once in my life, but after hearing back from the surgeon I don't see me ever affording the treatment. But I'm healthy I feel good the wife and I walk, cross country ski, bicycle so there's a lot of positives!