WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Tru-line Jr turret

Boolit Master

Tru-line Jr turret

Anyone know of anyone producing these?

I'd like to have a few extras so I can just swap out the turrets instead of setting and re-setting the dies.

I do have access to everything to make these, but if someone is already making them I would buy them instead.

Thanks
    Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

There is a guy who makes them, but drilled and tapped for 7/8 - 14- or what ever the standard is today. He asks about $60 plus shipping.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    There is a guy who makes them, but drilled and tapped for 7/8 - 14- or what ever the standard is today. He asks about $60 plus shipping.

Who might this person be ??? Do you have any contact information?
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not 100% certain, but I think he sells on ebay. I haven't seriously shopped there since they started the "You must use paypal to pay" deal.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Last I heard they were almost 100 bucks. I hope Im wrong.

Boolit Master
    last one I saw a couple weeks back was 100 the problem is the dies that was used were neck size for rifle. if you put the larger dies and try to FL size you will over stress the press. .Get an all American and it will use your tru line dies and will stand up to anything you want to do

Boolit Master
    Too many things,

While it is true they are light and tiny press they can full length size most pistol calibers without over stressing the design. I would never recommend using a Jr., with a 7/8 x 14 turret for any rifle caliber.

Mine is dedicated to .32 H&R Mag production for my Ruger Single Six! I have a nice vintage #55 mounted on the press as well.

This press is my meditation and relaxing therapy unit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_001199.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	164641
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Nice press, 44!

I tried one, they are cute!

Maybe to cute, I am a "big heavy press" kind of guy......sold it!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Hey Seagiant!

Cute is a good description of Tru-Line Jr. even with a 7/8 x14 head. It's perfect for a retired/RV snowbird scenario. I still see them on tail gates at the range from time to time too!

I like mine for the connection to old school reloading even though I have Hornady New Diminsion Dies mounted on her.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Grand Master
    I thought the first TL Jr I worked with (back about '72 or '73) was attractive, if not downright cute. I got it set up with the Lyman dies for 30-06 (neck size only) but quickly added 38 Spl. Over the years I've added most common revolver rounds, 45 ACP , and a bunch of old hyphenated rifle calibers (32-40, 45-70, etc) but find this press really shines with pistols. Currently I have my one "active" TL Jr set up dedicated to 32 S&W Long and a Red Head (the Narramore design that inspired the TL Jr) set up for straight cased Maynard 40-40 using current Lyman 40-65 dies. At this point I think I've got either 3 or 4 of the TL Jrs and the Red Head, but only the two I mentioned actually set up to load.

Yeah, I guess they are kinda cute at that!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

Gee, Froggie, I've only got two! One set up for 38 Special permanently, the other mounted on my bench and used for the other dies. Guess I've gotta work to catch up!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    I use mine now for seating, and crimping 38/357. I don't have a expander die, and the normal size carbide sizing die just works so well, that I just seat, and crimp. I have two seater/crimp dies... one for round nose, one for WC... so I seat and crimp in two steps, and just set crimp with whatever one Im not seating with.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Gee, Froggie, I've only got two! One set up for 38 Special permanently, the other mounted on my bench and used for the other dies. Guess I've gotta work to catch up!
    Well get cracking on it Wayne! I've sort of slowed down for the moment, so I'll give you a chance to catch up. I think my next setup will be for my single action 45 Colt, or maybe for my 32-20s... wait, I think I can still find TWO available presses and set up both! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"