Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Miroku M92 bolt pin

Boolit Buddy

Miroku M92 bolt pin

Has any one here disassembled a late manufacture Miroku M92?
    If so, how did you get the bolt pin out?

I have removed the screw cap from the left side and tapped with a small hammer
    and punch from the right side, it ain't budging and I don't want to mess it up.
    Are they usually very tight, or am I missing something? All of the searches and videos
    that I have seen show this pin coming right out, but these have been on Rossi rifles.
    I have checked with a strong flashlight and there is no screw slot like on the Chiappa's.

Any help is much appreciated.

Flinchrock, I had this exact problem with a recent Rossi M92. You can go to the Rossi Rifleman forum and read all about it.
    The solution for me was soaking in Kroil for a few days while I gathered my courage, and then a shot of Jack Daniels (for me, not the Rossi). I followed the advice of the guys on that forum and used a BIG hammer to knock the **** out of the pin using the largest punch that would fit through the hole on the right side of the receiver. Light tapping will peen the pin and make the problem worse. Having someone hold the receiver steady on a sold bench will help keep it from twisting.
    It was much scarier to consider than to actually do. I am doing the Steve's Gunz modification to the action and will take some metal from the pin if it is that hard to put back in. I can see no reason for it to be so tight.
    My 80's model Browning 92 pin tapped right out, so this was a new experience for me. Trust the big hammer.
    Tony

Boolit Buddy
    Could you give me a link to that thread?

I'm pre-supposing that you tried to drive it out with the bolt opened enough (about 1/2") for the pin to align with both RH & LH receiver wall holes - if the pin's mis-aligned enough, it's LH end/edge will limit on the inside of the LH receiver wall.

Boolit Buddy
    I can see the head of the pin exactly aligned with the hole with the plug removed, with the action completely closed.
    Moving the bolt with the lever does not show any other pin. It also aligns perfectly with the hole on the right, with the action closed.

This is a M92.

Jerkwater at winchester/browning said "No gunsmithing over the phone" wanted me to take it to a gunsmith, like what is he gonna do different, some kind of huji-gugi dance? Maybe it needs heat, maybe it needs an empty case in the chamber, I don't know, maybe the five lb hammer is the answer, that's why I am asking, but I have no intention to send it out every time I want to take it completely down for thorough cleaning/lubrication,such as when I shoot black powder.

Thanks to all for the attempts at helping.
    Last edited by Flinchrock; 03-20-2016 at 09:56 AM.