WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Losing my mind and I'm not sure why...

Boolit Master

Praying for you and ALSO have the CO2 levels checked in your house
    YES the vent pipe and other items may be causing you and your household to
    react differently
    Mike

p.s. in the mean time, open some doors and windows and let the house air out
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Help David today Lord . Lighten his load and be with him and his family . Thank you Lord . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Praise God. As of Monday it's like a seriously heavy burden has been lifted and I've been peaceful. I didn't want to speak too soon, but here we are Wednesday morning and I'm feeling great. The family also seems to have calmed down... and almost nothing has changed in regards to responsibilities or work burden. The pressures are still there... it's just as if things are being handled more peacefully now.

I got a B in one of my classes (my first B), an A in the other. My work came out >>perfect<< in the B class but I was given the lower grade because I was a week late turning it in. No other marks against. I'm going to cast up some boolits this morning then get to work. I did some school work this morning for the final week of the term and plan to have a very productive work day today, finish about 6pm, then spend some time with my wife and kids. All in all, very peacefully.

Of course I'm no stranger to chaos so please continue to remember us in your prayers. Pray no bad news comes in later today and that our family is protected from sin and from chaos. Praise God & Thank you all!!

Thanks for getting back David . We all have spells of insanity (lest I do) when everything comes at you at once . Glad things have quieted down .

Moderator Emeritus

Davidheart...good job....glad that the stress is less.....still praying for you brother! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for letting us know, David. Sometimes, all that's really needed is a change of perspective, and being just a tad lighter on our own selves, and I know nothing that can help bring that about in jam-packed troubling times like simple prayer. I suspect you've just learned a great lesson that will serve you your whole life if you just let it. Life is a long series of lessons, if we but let it be. Don't ask how I know that, though!

Boolit Master
    Continuous prayer
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I wanted to give y'all an update. Things have definitely taken a turn for the better lately. This past week I took a hike on the Appalachian Trail to clear my head for a few days. Definitely was needed and the LORD helped me to sort some things out while I was on the mountain (literally). He showed me I had my priorities set backwards and needed to spend more time with my family, less time with my work.

He also showed me some areas in my life He had not asked me to do, but I was taking on myself because I felt it was something I "ought" to do as a man.

Sunday was a recovery day from the hike (very sore muscles and I was incredibly hungry!) but I was able to attend church and received a good word. Spent time with my wife and this week is starting off very well. I let a "problem" client go and I feel comfortable with it even though that'll slightly decrease finances, the stress of that client wasn't worth it. Furthermore, I don't remember if I mentioned, but last term's school ended and I've been able to maintain a 4.0 GPA. The next term started today, all of my books arrived on time, and after reviewing my workload I'm very content and confident.

I guess the only bummer is that I told my wife today I wanted my first 1911 for my 30th birthday (April 19th) and she was... less than enthusiastic at the prospect of purchasing another gun when finances are tight. Oh well, back to the drawing board! I'm content with my SP101.

Thank you all so much for your prayers! I really do appreciate them. I'm sure hard times will come up again (and possibly this week?) so please pray one final time for me to be able to handle things which come up with wisdom and peace. If the LORD lays anything else on your heart I appreciate it.
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. -Psalm 91:1

Glad to hear things are leveling out !

Moderator Emeritus

David, prayer can't fix things for folks unless their hearts are open and receptive to it. Thank YOU for being open enough to accept God's saving grace. We did out due diligence for you, as we're required and advised to, but it's YOU who had the simple openess to let God's grace inside, and THAT is the final factor that determines the effects of our prayers on your and your family's situation and lives. So thank YOU for just being humble and open enough to let our prayers take effect.
    There's really no "magic" in prayer. It's really a simple expression and negotiation with God about things going on around us. Sometimes, we ask for something God can't give us because it'd interfere with his higher purposes that we will never know in this life. He knows the past, the present and the future, and loves us, and sometimes that means we NEED to be humbled and brought to our knees, lest we perish or that much of our lives be wasted or ineffective. When we finally get to our knees, it's funny how we see so much more than when we're standing tall and alone. God truly DOES answer our prayers, and loves us, and wants us to be happy and wise. Sometimes, he just has to drive us to our knees so we'll open our eyes and look around us, and finally SEE what we need to see, but had always missed when we were standing tall and alone. It's good to have someone around who'll chasten us when we need it, so we CAN be happy, no matter what might befall us.

The way of the world is finite, and understandable. The way of God is infinite, and very mysterious. And yet, when we trust what we can't ever fully understand, it brings us what the stuff we DO understand never could bring us. Paradox seems to be a favorite technique for God, doesn't it?

And BTW, when you have time to do some reading, hopefully to keep your focus, lest it be lost in the trials we all go through, give G. K. Chesterton a try, but read it slow and for content, not just skim reading it. His writing really requires some sober thinking to really appreciate, and that always slows us down, but again, reading slower and thinking along the way yields MUCH more than a quick survey ever will .... another paradox, which is something Chesterton was always noted for. He has a way of making paradox seem so easily understood! And he's the only one I've ever read that does that very consistently and lucidly. PM me if you want some suggestions to start with. I think I've read about a dozen of his books now, and he NEVER gets tiring or boring in the least sort of way. He can provide a real keel for folks who are constantly meeting challenges, and a sail to keep them going straight and true. When folks read him for content, trying to discern what he means by what he says, they always seem to be surprised at how simple he really is, and how steadily he maintains his own focus and pursues thoughts out to their logical final conclusion. He doesn't just stop when he gets AN answer. He keeps going until he gets to THE answer, the FINAL answer, and that kind'a sets him apart from most other authors, even those in the apologetics field. I suspect you'd find him very interesting and illuminating. He writes like he thinks, and he thinks very deeply, linearly and to the end of where any given thought or idea must eventually wind up at.

We all need a keel and a sail in our lives, and the Bible and Chesterton make a strong one-two combo.

Moderator Emeritus

Davidheart,
    That is good to hear. I'm glad the mountain voyage happened for you and was therapeutic. still thinking and prayin for you.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Davidheart,
    That is good to hear. I'm glad the mountain voyage happened for you and was therapeutic. still thinking and prayin for you.
    Jon

I read David's post , scrolled down and Jon had already put up what I was going to say ! I'll go with Jon's comment .

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    Matthew 11:28-30 (KJV)
    When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike - Edwin Markham