RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The A-MAZE-N Smoker - A Very Cool Smoke Maker For Your Grill!

Vendor Sponsor

The A-MAZE-N Smoker - A Very Cool Smoke Maker For Your Grill!

Thanks to member Wayne Smith I had never heard of the A-maze-n smoker until he mentioned it in a post. I thought they looked really neat and bought one, and the thing works SO WELL that it deserves a thread of it's own, so here is the kickoff of our 2016 BBQ season, a rack of baby backs done on the Traeger pellet grill, with the Amazen smoker providing the true hardwood smoke.

I have seen electric smoke generators for gas grills that plug in to 110v, but this one seems to be the easiest one I have seen so far, and you can see for yourself how well it does it's job. Thoroughly impressed here!

Cooking the first set of Baby Backs of the season, and wanted to show a video I made of the Amazin Smoker that Wayne Smith mentioned... Looks good!

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks I will be ordering one. http://www.amazenproducts.com/Default.asp

Vendor Sponsor

Now, this vid is 2 1/2hrs later, the ribs are done and the sauce is on, and the Amazen Smoker is STILL doing a dang fine job, and smoked for another 45 mins after we took the ribs off and shut the grill down!

Ribs have a real nice smoke ring on them, this little smoker is a solid performer and I am definitely glad I made the investment in it! Thanks Wayne!

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Been using it for years - I set up an old 4' x 4' x 2' electrical enclosure with a separate smoke box and use the AMNPS to cold smoke cheese, salmon, butter etc...

I received on for Christmas from a friend. I just used it tonight when I grilled a few steaks. It worked well.

Moderator Emeritus

What pellets are you using in the Traeger? I switched to these and get plenty of smoke flavor http://www.charcoalstore.com/product...0/CH-7192.html

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    What pellets are you using in the Traeger? I switched to these and get plenty of smoke flavor http://www.charcoalstore.com/product...0/CH-7192.html
    I use these "Perfect Mix" 50/50 with hickory in hot weather and my temps stay below 340° if I use straight hickory they go above 350° which is too high for back ribs. http://www.cookinpellets.com/our-pre...g-perfect-mix/

Last order was $38 shipped.

Straight hickory in cooler temps works better than a mix.

Also with the Traeger, I often cut out a thin palm sized piece of hickory and put it right on top of the firebox. Firing the grill up on high is usually enough to start this extra feature to smoking. It burns off soon enough and quits smoking and the A-maze-n smoker doesn't. I won't need the "auxiliary" hickory chip with this.

I've never been around a pellet grill.
    So you dont get any smoke flavor from the grill itself?
    I thought you would from a pellet grill.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good video DougGuy ! I have threatened to try the a maze n smoker stick . You may have convinced me .

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post
    I've never been around a pellet grill.
    So you dont get any smoke flavor from the grill itself?
    I thought you would from a pellet grill.
    Actually you do get a lot. This was in addition to the natural wood flavor of the grill, because unlike the grill that smokes every now and then, this smokes constantly throughout the entire cooking time. Plus, now I can cold smoke fish, cheese, and other things in the grill without firing it up so there are other good reasons to use one of these smoker tubes.

I've used the AMNPS for a couple years now. They work great and I like that they stay lit for hours so I don't need to keep adding chips. I purchased my last bag of pellets, 40 pound, from Amazon. They are 32.14 shipped through prime. http://www.amazon.com/CookinPellets-...smoker+pellets .

Moderator Emeritus

I have the digital control on my Traeger so I can smoke at 180 with the all hickory pellets... tops out at 450ish for steaks and burgers.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I thought a Traeger was a smoker.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Vendor Sponsor

Yes the Traeger *IS* a smoker. At 180°F.

Once you get the Traeger on medium and start cooking with it, very little smoke is produced. You get a wonderful wood fired flavor but not as much of a smoked flavor and not as much of a smoke ring as you get with the A-maze-n smoker adding smoke.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Yes the Traeger *IS* a smoker. At 180°F.

Once you get the Traeger on medium and start cooking with it, very little smoke is produced. You get a wonderful wood fired flavor but not as much of a smoked flavor and not as much of a smoke ring as you get with the A-maze-n smoker adding smoke.
    Thanks so much

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Vendor Sponsor

Yous guys need to stop with all the must haves..

and spring grilling season coming

That's like $70.00 for the smoker tube and assorted pellets .. Got to sell a whole bunch of PC powder to afford this
    Might have to start a gofundme page

in all honesty did not know about these but looks like I will have to acquire one
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Yea . I have thought about trying one a good while and now with a 'DougGuy' endorsement I see one in my near future !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

I just use the white oak sawdust from under my table saw. Need to try dust from my sanders, too. Think that will smolder slower, being finer.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Just ONE rack?? All that for just ONE!! I splurge. Takes the same amount of fuel and time to do multiple racks.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin