MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BB94 in 375 Winchester

Boolit Master
    Mine had a good bit of finish damage so it was relatively cheap when I bought it three years ago. I still haven't found any 375 brass so I am loading blown out 30-30's. So far they have performed well, but I haven't loaded anywhere near max.

NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

My BB94 cannot use Win 375 brass with any bullet over .377 diameter. My chamber neck is .403", throat is .380" and bore is .377". This rifle was made in 1978 so it has the large 38-55 style throat and groove dimensions. The Starline 38-55 2.080" brass works very well in my rifle without any trimming required. My measurements have the Starline brass at about .0072" thick, the Win brass is about .0124" thick and would need about .002" turned or reamed off the neck to function in my rifle.
    Last edited by RAD57; 02-15-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Boolit Master

Good information, RAD57. I have a bunch of new Winchester .375 brass. Just checked neck thickness and it is around .010-.011. I've had the BB94 for about 10 years but since I don't hunt, I've not bothered to load for it. It sounds as if I need to do an impact throat casting since this will determine the boolit diameter that will chamber, considering the neck thickness. I suppose I'm like you in that I don't want to neck turn the brass.
    John
    W.TN

I bought 300 375 Win cases around 96 and am still using only the first 100 when I shoot the Hornady 220 bullets. I really like the quality of those old cases!

Let me know if any of you guys are tired of those inaccurate rifles you can't find ammo for....

After Alamogunr's reply I went back and checked more of my 375 Win brass and sure enough the "thin" side of the brass was .0110" and the thick side was .0124". I had some time at the reloading bench and neck turned 20 cases (just past bullet seating depth) to a pretty uniform .011" and most of the brass was cleaned up about 50% - 70% around the case, a couple cases didn't have any brass removed. Out of boredom I may remove/turn another .0005" which should give me enough room in the chamber for case expansion and bullet release with a .380 sized bullet.

Boolit Master
    Just a thought: considering the present scarcity of factory 375 WIN brass (unless STARLINE introduces this cartridge in their line-up), I plan on dedicating my factory 375 brass to jacketed, and getting some Starline 38-55 brass for cast.

For those who are interested in Starline producing 375 WIN brass, I suggest you send them an e-mail stating such (ie: the law of supply and demand).

Hunter Pilant of Starline Brass had written that they might consider adding 375 WIN brass - and possibly 32-40 as well - once their plant expansion was completed (which he stated would be in early 2016.)

Spread the word, and let's see these two relatively obsolete cartridges resurrected again.

Get those cards and letters going...

Request was sent in to Starline some time ago ... reason I'm not holding my breath but keeping my fingers crossed!

Boolit Bub
    I have a Marlin 375 that shoots very well. If I could have found a Win BB 375 I'd rather own it as I own a Winchester 1892 in 25-20 and would say it's my favorite rifle. My Marlin came with 4 boxes of unfired factory ammo and 5 boxes of once fired factory brass I still have 3 boxes of the original unfired factory ammo and have been reloading 60 rounds of the once fired so I think I'm set for a while.