RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: S&W warranty ?

Banned

S&W warranty ?

How long is the Smith and Wesson warranty good for? Original owner lifetime warranty on wheel guns or 1 year warranty or less?

One year warranty to the original owner.

Boolit Grand Master

Smith and Wesson will repair any defect in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the gun.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757812_image
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    Regardless of what their lawyers put in writing, I've sent 3 S&W revolvers in for repairs. All were repaired under warranty and didn't cost me a penny. They even paid for shipping both ways and I'm the original owner for only one of them. All were over a year old. Their customer support is awesome.

Boolit Grand Master

They repaired a newer 586 for me that was having light primer strikes. A new firing pin and was GTG. There was also some issues with finish and it was refinished as well.

They tried to charge me $165, to replace the hammer pivot pin on my 3" M60. When I called them I was told it would be covered under warranty, 6 weeks later I got a call from them saying it was normal wear. I told them I was lead to believe it would be warrantied, they said "NO". After a couple of phone calls we settled on $65 to replace a $2 part.

Mike

Boolit Master

20+ years ago a friend dropped my beautiful, shiny model 29-2 on a rock, resulting in timing problems. S&W charged me about $100 back then to fix it.

Of course that wasn't a warranty issue, since it had been dropped on a rock.

Banned

Most gun makers will go out of their way to help even if you are the third owner. Of course you don't have to tell them the gun was passed through generations but some want an invoice.
    Worst was Marlin with a 2 year. Mossberg sent free parts for a gun older then me. Ruger has been top rate and I never had a problem with S&W.
    Treat them as friends like when you get stopped for speeding, The cop is a man that deserves respect but if you get snippy, take what you give.

Boolit Master

They took over TC and the honored the warrantee on my Contender when the mainspring broke recently. And I've owned the pistol for nearly 30 years. Its interesting to see the difference in how folks have been treated.

Boolit Master
    The lifetime warranty applies to firearms manufactured in 1989 or later. I had a model 41 manufactured in 1976 that needed work and they said that it was manufactured before the lifetime warranty started and therefore wasn't covered.
    Some times it's the pot,
    Some times it's the pan,
    It might even be the skillet,
    But, most of the time, it's the cook.