Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxMCD ProductsInline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blackhawk VS. super blackhawk

Banned

I did have some mucky stuff I put behind the guard, some kind of rubber and it helped. My friend loves a Bisley but he taped his finger with many band aids and wore a thick shooting glove.
    he still lost a lot of blood.

Banned

Make an MOA trigger loop from stainless by hand once. Make a longer Ruger transfer bar by hand once. Best thing for a SBH are Pachmeyer Signature grips. No work involved.

Boolit Master

Doug, looking at that picture, I know what it felt like! Lasts a couple of days too!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Banned

Not as bad as cuts with much blood.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance gpidaho's Avatar
    Now my 454 Casull T/C Encore. That one will make you BLEED. Gp

what is the max pressure for the Blackhawk and superblackhawk? are they both the same cylinder length??
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Not as bad as cuts with much blood.
    Yep - I remember shooting Rams with my Super Blackhawk in an IHMSA standing match way back in the 80s. The gun still wore the original grips, and as I shot the blood was running down my arm and dripping from my elbow. Kinda freaked out my spotter, but that was long before anyone ever heard of AIDS and the sight of blood back then didn't stop a game instantly like it does today.

Dang - that trigger guard HURT and it was really hard to not flinch on the last few rounds.

When I first started shooting silhouettes with my SBH I used a lot of resin on the factory grips and on my hand. If I clamped down my grip like I was choking a goose so the gun did NOT slip it wouldn't bite me. That plan worked fine on chickens and pigs, but usually about midway through the turkeys I'd get a little tired, a little loose, and (OUCH!) get my knuckle bit again.

I finally solved the problem with a set of Pachmayr Signatures. I didn't like the way they looked, but I sure did like the way they felt.

That old revolver still wears those same Pachmayrs today. I never looked back after I put 'em on. After thirty-odd years I'm getting used to 'em.

Uncle R.

Quote Originally Posted by The O.K. KIDD View Post
    what is the max pressure for the Blackhawk and superblackhawk? are they both the same cylinder length??
    Read this:
    http://www.customsixguns.com/writing...g_the_myth.htm

There are also a few other articles on John's website. They're all worth reading.

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your specific questions. Chamber pressure should be slightly lower in the 45. Check your loading manuals, and compare 44mag loads with Ruger-only 45 loads. At Ruger-only levels, they're relatively equivalent, but I give a slight edge to the 45. However, I don't think the 44 is a step down, just different. Even Tier-II 45 loads are nothing to sneeze at.

thanks, that article was comforting. and it said that they both share frames , so the Blackhawk bisley or the super Blackhawk bisley , really makes no signifigant issues, and the loads I plan to use are around 30,000 psi,so very safe in any case
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.