Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Gun Show treasures

Banned

Gun Show treasures

Went to the little show in Abilene today. From the same table, bought a Pacific C Press (I had been wanting one for a while) and a huge, heavy Redding bench powder measure with a very robust mount some prior owner had fabricated for it. Payed $30 for both and both have all moving parts free and seem complete. I really don't care for gun shows in big cities and have pretty much given up on the ones in Topeka. These little ones are great though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redding and Pacific.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	160160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redding Powder Measure.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	160161

Boolit Master

That's a fine haul. I never see stuff like that at gun shows around here.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Banned

Couldn't believe I got both for $30. I also got a new in the box Dayton Traister trigger for a '98 Mauser for $15 and an older gentleman gave me a sporter stock for a '98 after we talked for a while. The stock will need a little work, but I have the makings for my project now, just need a donor action.

Basically, this same show with a few exceptions makes it once a year to several of the surrounding little towns and is always great. I don't really bother to go to big city shows anymore.

Boolit Master

We have basically 2 within a reasonable drive from the house. The bigger of the 2 is the one I don't care for. At the smaller one there's always powder and primers. You made out like a bandit today though. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Grand Master
    Good haul today.

So does the Pacific take shell holders, or does it have one of the caliber specific rams in it? The shell holders are retained in mine with a teeny tiny allen headed set screw.

To tell the truth, I like loading ammo on the Pacific Super C better than using the Rockchucker. The Rockchucker is better for reforming cases, but the Super C has plenty of grunt for loading.

Robert

Banned

It has the old style caliber specific ram, not a problem as I know I have one of the universal rams around here somewhere to replace it.

I had an aluminum Pacific C press (yes, aluminum, only one I ever saw) as a spare and about two or thee dozen rams for it, used it as a second press in a geographic bachelor situation, then didn't need it anymore and traded it off. Should have kept some of the rams, with a cheap pair of split ring pliers, it didn't take much longer to change rams than shell holders.

I think I'm going to like the extra room a C press will allow for hands and I also think that for priming on a ram, which I prefer and also seating bullets, there may be some value to that ram working on the up stroke of the handle, might give a better feel.

Boolit Buddy
    If you don't find your ram give me a holler. Got two of 'em.