Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Sandhill cranes and geese

Sandhill cranes and geese

Wow today we saw flock after flock of sandhill cranes and geese flying NORTH. Guess the got into the moonshine down in Georgia or Alabama. Must have seen 50 or so flocks fly over, just hard to beleive seeing them going north in January. Must know something we don't, maybe the worst of winter is over.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Vendor Sponsor

Either that or a major catastrophe is imminent in the south!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Just yesterday here in South Central Utah saw about 50-60 Geese headed North and thought that it seems a lot early.
    We've got about 4" Snow this evening and about 14" more predicted by Monday morn. with overnight temps dropping back down to 0ºf and lower.
    Casting, Reloading & Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by tryNto View Post
    Just yesterday here in South Central Utah saw about 50-60 Geese headed North and thought that it seems a lot early.
    We've got about 4" Snow this evening and about 14" more predicted by Monday morn. with overnight temps dropping back down to 0ºf and lower.
    Something wrong with this picture. It got up around 40 today no snow in the forecast and +20 degree f is the lowest predicted for the next week. here I thought I was living up north.
    enjoy your day
    Cariboo

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Boolit Master

This morning noticed big flock of meadowlarks here. Don't normally see these guys for at least a month.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master

This morning noticed big flock of meadowlarks here. Don't normally see these guys for at least a month.

Think I had better start the peppers by late next week.
    Facta non verba

Two days ago there was several hundred(i didn't even try to count) Geese in my wheat field. I should have taken video...the geese were of course honking very loadly and our Arabian Donkey was standing at the fence between the pasture and the field, neck stretched as far over as she could, braying back at them as loadly as she could.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Moderator Emeritus

Stolzer, that's a picture that only people close to the land can appreciate! Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    When we left MI on Jan. 17, the sandhill cranes were still there. Normally, we have a pair who have one or two young ones every year that come back. I was seeing groups of 15 to 25 out in the cornfield looking for food. We had only had two snows that didn't last that long and one good cold spell for a few days.

I believe it is in March sometime that the sandhill cranes gather down at Wilcox, AZ. We've never gone down to see them but neighbors have and it's something to see. It will be interesting to hear how many show up this year and how many have already gone north.