MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ever buy a gun that you thought you really wanted and found out, it wasnt?

Savage Stryker 7mm-08, with laminate thumbhole wood stock. The gun was laser accurate, but was WAY to heavy for me to shoot unless it was on a bench. And with the muzzle brake on, it would clear the air 30 feet around you of gnats. Couldn't fault the gun, I was inexperienced enough to just not realize what I was getting, and what it's limitations were. And I still cry thinking about what I traded off to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Savage Stryker 7mm-08, with laminate thumbhole wood stock. The gun was laser accurate, but was WAY to heavy for me to shoot unless it was on a bench. And with the muzzle brake on, it would clear the air 30 feet around you of gnats. Couldn't fault the gun, I was inexperienced enough to just not realize what I was getting, and what it's limitations were. And I still cry thinking about what I traded off to get it!
    Put a 458LOTT together once on a p17 action. Now I'm a shooter and I love shooting. Shooting is fun. That beast was no fun at all. Not many cape buffalo, grizels or elephant around here so I sent it on its way and my shoulder has never missed it.
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Boolit Master

I just had to have a DPMS FAL. Well I finally got one, a STG 58. DPMS makes a high quality rifle. Just could never warm up to it. Finally sold it, and still use and love my Springfield M1A NM.

When I pull up the M1A and get a good check weld, it just "feels right." Probably because my Dad got me shooting with an M1 Garand when I was a teenager. From the M1, I went to the M1A and that the way I like it!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Kel Tech 40 worst gun on the planet.

And I sold my rugger p98 to get it.

20 year's later I'm still kicking myself in the *** over that

Boolit Buddy
    unfortunately ive done it a few times first time years ago was a keltec p11 then a few years ago a Taurus judge public defender . more recently a couple of glocks .I'm sure there were others too

Boolit Grand Master

Heck yes ! While complaining after making a trade that wasn't what I had hoped for, my Daddy gave me some great advice...." Son , don't ever get rid of a gun you like for one you think might be better. Save your money and buy the other, then if it's better...you got two good guns. "
    That old man was a lot smarter than my 17 year old self realized at that time.
    Gary

Moderator Emeritus

I've had 2 or 3 Colt Police Positives - the older, earlier versions with the long grip. Great little guns, compact, light, stylish and they just appeal to me. But not one of them has been accurate enough for the things I want and need to do. I still love the looks and the feel is different but with good grips, very shootable. They've just never performed quite up to par for me. I still have my lips pooched out over those neat old guns.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine was a Walther PPKS. Never could get it to shoot worth a dang and, probably, gave up on it too soon.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Master

Kahr CW 380; I nor two other shooters could get it to shoot to POI @ 5 yards. We were shooting at a 10" paper plate. BTW, the ammo was factory Winchester FMJ. It didn't last long at my house.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Seeing new posts got me thing again .

I had a Remington 1100 ,beautiful wood, high polish metal. The rib all but disappeared when it came up . It was maybe a touch short for the early season and it was a joy the way it soaked up the 3" mags ...... me and that gun just never talked to each other. Sure she was a beautiful piece but when a chance to trade it for a parked (read ruined) 1934 M12 for dove and grouse came along I couldn't get the cabinet open fast enough .
    Funny I grabbed the wrong bbl and took the BPS out instead of the 1100 the 4th weekend doubled red heads , killed snows with their feet out and a Canvast back that had the boilers running full tilt ........ when I got home the 1100 got the full spa strip and preserve treatment and sat in the cabinet for most of 2 maybe 3 yr.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Mine was an FN 5.7. Never could get used to the squeak sound the slide would make, along with the safety, mag release, etc. Plus being in California, such a large pistol magazine, and being limited to 10 rounds. I also reload, and this round is a pain in the @## to reload. I did find a guy in Las Vegas that made a Dillon 550 conversion kit for the 5.7. Just try to find the brass when this little pistol would toss it into the next county.... Buddy wanted it, gooooooood bye.

Boolit Master

Oh, about '78 just had to have a weatherby .06. Never would shoot as good as my old BAR .308. Bet I loaded 20 different combos of bullets and powder and the danged thing just stunk. Traded it for a BLR .308 that would shoot tighter groups with open sights.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

AR. Looked like fun but not for me.

Never regretted buying any gun I have had. All of them were fun and interesting to shoot. Some were really cheap mediocre guns...some were decent guns...some were nice. BUT... I DID REGRET SELLING EVERY ONE I EVER SOLD. I have only gotten ONE of them back...at least it was one of the good ones. RULE OF THUMB.....DONT SELL IT UNLESS YOU NEED THE MONEY TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY WARM OR NEED FOOD FOR THEM.....OR you can get something else you want in trade.

Remington 7400 in 270 Win. On many occasions it would not extract and damage the rim very badly....different ammo manufactures, lots of reloads, two trips to the local gunsmiths.....Sent it down the river.....
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ZmanWakeForest

A good parent prepares the child for the path, not the path for the child.

Mine was an early S&W X frame .500 S&W. The only handgun I have ever fired that bruised my hand. The meaty part under the thumb was black.and blue for 2 weeks. I got a .460 X frame that is much tamer on the recoil though the muzzle blast attracts attention up and down the line.

Bought an AK, decent gun, but just not a good gun imo.. Traded it for a never used 650xl,two caliber conversions, a case feeder, about 2 5 pounds of 9mm used brass, 1k sp primers, and 1k 9mm bullets..... I think I got the best of that deal.

Boolit Buddy
    Ruger mini 14 thought I had to have one till I got it. Only thing it is good for is plinking otherwise it is useless

I got a Llama compact 1911 that I really wanted to like but I couldn't get it to shoot a magazine w/o a FTF or FTE. Took it in three times for repair but the third time it stayed there and I traded for a G27 that was ok but never could warm up to it. I gave it to my son on his 21st birthday and he traded it for a Beretta PX4. I've had others that I've traded away and regretted so now I don't do it.

Boolit Master
    The Judge.