Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: Lee Breechlock button fix?

Lee Breechlock button fix?

I've got a Lee Beech Lock Challenger press and the button is stuck down. Has anyone figured out how to get the button out to see what is wrong?
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Buddy
    mine did the same thing a couple years ago I picked at it a while and had no luck getting it to pop back out so I just put 1 of the bushings in with red lock tight and use it like a regular press . all I use this press for is de capping/resizing and bullet sizing so loosing the breech lock feature wasn't really a big deal to me .

Boolit Master
    I would dry a drop of Light oil and see if it loosens up. While I was waiting I would give Lee a cal and see what they haave to say.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

It's moving just won't pop up. The Lee website had a blurb on this problem and basically just to send it in.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Have the same problem with my Lee Thighmaster press. Since I don't use the bushings it hasn't really affected me.

I switch out a lot between 223 and 300 blackout so I like the idea of the bushings but the darn button has been finicky.

I'd try a couple drops of oil. Could be some galling between the press and button.

Boolit Buddy
    Screw a sheet metal screw into the lock pin if it is stuck down. The screw can be used to pull the button up.

Boolit Master
    Dont think id go screwing anything into the button. Contact Lee if you cant figure it out.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

That is exactly what Lee recommends on the FAQ.

Boolit Master
    Do you need it? If you don't want to send it back, can you drill the button out and be done with it?

It works after a fashion since it is stuck down the bushings can be turned in and out. I am trying to get to a point where I can do away with it for a while so I can send it back.

Vendor Sponsor

Mine stuck a little too,,, and what I have done is take the thing in and watch TV while pushing the button in and out. That way it wears in and when you need it,,, it works right. A drop of oil might help.

This is simply a situation where the parts need to be deburred a little better. Break-In period on any machine is all about knocking all the burrs off machined parts until everything runs smoothly.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com