RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMC brass?

Boolit Buddy

PMC brass?

My gun store has 45 ACP PMC 230 Gr target for $18.00 per box of fifty. Bought two but am wondering about the quality of the brass for reloading. Any thoughts on this brass?Art

Boolit Master
    I have not had any issues with PMC brass in any caliber. I would not hesitate to reload it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Shot View Post
    I have not had any issues with PMC brass in any caliber. I would not hesitate to reload it.
    Same here. Not Lapua match brass, but as good or better than most of our domestic brass. Shoot and load away.

I like it in .223....prefer it over some others that are considered very good. I find it's consistent in case volume, and sizes very easily/consistently.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Like PMC products they seem to perform well.

No issues here either. I average 4-7 reloads from my 45acp pmc stuff.

Boolit Master

Works fine for me.

Boolit Master
    Same here. I get a lot from the indoor range and have no issues.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Just bought a case of 500 in .308 Win. Seems like good stuff.

Moderator Emeritus

I never had any issues with them.

Banned

PMC brass is near the top. Very good brass. Too bad their plant isn't in the states anymore.

I find a lot of PMC 45 auto brass at the indoor range. I process a lot of it. I find that quite a bit of it has off center flash holes. I bag this up and put it on the raffle table at the monthly meeting. Bill

Boolit Master
    I thought PMC was Phillipine or Korean made?

Banned

It's Korean. They once had a plant in Nevada.

Moderator Emeritus

PMC has gone through several ownerships over the years. They started in South Korea, then to Boulder City, NV, and now back in South Korea, all under different owners. They make good brass, and they're using a different priming compound that is cleaner. It leaves a white residue, rather than the black from lead styphnate priming. It's also not DDNP (Diazodinitrophenol) priming compound, since they've used the same primers both times the company has been located in South Korea, even before the advent of DDNP primers. The American owned PMC used CCI primers when they were in Boulder City.

The only drawback to their priming compound is if the brass gets wet, the primers are almost glued into the pockets and you'll get a lot of primer cups coming apart during decapping, leaving a ring of brass inside the primer pocket. Other than that, it's good heavy brass.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

45 pmc works fantastic for me, so far!
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

PMC Brass

My current bucket of 357 brass is PMC brass and it has proven to be long lived and uniform. I just loaded 500 rounds using this brass on the Dillon press over the Holidays for the coming year. I have no idea if it is from Korea or Boulder City. I've read where PMC was the abbreviation for Pusan Metallic Cartridge or something like that.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Quote Originally Posted by Scharfschuetze View Post
    My current bucket of 357 brass is PMC brass and it has proven to be long lived and uniform. I just loaded 500 rounds using this brass on the Dillon press over the Holidays for the coming year. I have no idea if it is from Korea or Boulder City. I've read where PMC was the abbreviation for Pusan Metallic Cartridge or something like that.
    Info:

http://www.luckygunner.com/ammo-manu...mc-ammo-review

PMC Ammo Information:

PMC ammunition is manufactured in South Korea by the Poongsan Corporation (ISO certified) which produces cartridges ranging from small arms ammunition to large howitzer rounds for the South Korean military. The Poongsan Corporation dates back to 1968 and since its founding it has grown to become on one of the world's largest manufacturers and suppliers of ammunition. The Poongsan Corporation's primary mission is to make South Korea fully self-reliant for their ammunition needs. Taking advantage of their high standards required through the military's reliance on their ammunition, their excess capacity, branded as PMC (Precision Made Cartridges), is highly sought after throughout the world's commercial markets. In the United States, their reliable range ammo has become a standard for excellence and consistency.
    PMC is unique in that they manufacturer all of their components from raw materials which helps them maintain more control over each step in their supply chain. PMC goes so far as to even manufacture their own rolls of brass from which the brass cups that form the case are punched out of instead of outsourcing this step. This is just one example to illustrate the extra care that PMC takes to ensure their quality is never at risk from a supplier dropping the ball.

Where PMC Ammo Is Manufactured:

PMC Ammo is manufactured in Poongsan's Angang and Dongrae plants located in South Korea
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I have used PMC ammunition and reloaded their brass many times over the years.
    It has proven to be excellent brass and held up over multiple reloadings with no issues.

Boolit Buddy

Good brass, I haven't noticed any offcenter flash holes, but if they are, what difference does it make?