MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What are your other obsessio..... HOBBIES

3rd hobby ... '60's Ford Mustangs, in particular a '68 California Special "S" code 390 / 4 speed and a '65 Fastback 289 / 5 speed (which is still in the body shop waiting for paint).

2nd hobby ... shooting, casting, and reloading.

1st (and my most important) hobby ... keeping the better half happy even though I spend far too much time and money on hobbies #2 and #3!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

(... but at least she shoots with me and she comes to the car shows too!)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Banned

68 Mustang

Nice stang. Here's mine with my wife.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3924.jpg  

I am not bored with life.

I cook in Dutch Ovens and attend local, regional and national DOGs (Dutch Oven Gatherings), teach and promote use of the good black pots.

I restore and operate large cast iron flywheel engines best when running a mill, pump, ice cream freezer or something. I have hit and miss and throttle governed engines from 3/4 to 6 hp and from 1903-1936. Working on a Sears Farm Master built by Cushman currently.

I restore, operate and tractor pull in Farm Stock tractor pulls with Antique and Classic farm tractors. Currently rebuilding a 1938 John Deere H (10 whole hp) with oldest grandson. Gots lots of Minneapolis Molines including a Unitractor, but am color blind and have reds and greens and orange ones.

I have complete metal fab shop with most welding processes and tools. I like to take someones cast off stuff and make useful stuff out of it. I also have small machine shop that I go to when it is too hot to work in big shops.

I have a blacksmith shop and a smaller traveling shop that I use to do demonstration blacksmithing on. Getting too old and sorry to do as much, but used the forge last month to heat a head up while I welded up some cracks.

I also have a cabinet shop with most woodworking machinery.

I have done leather work for 50 years.

Wife lady and I have a RV and travel quite a bit.

I live on a lake, so can fish anytime. I go to the farm and can play with modern equipment. I help friends and neighbors with heavy dirt excavation and finish work.

I guess I need to find something to do to keep out of the poolhall--if I just knew how to schedule anything new.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill