Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Bulleye Powder

Bulleye Powder

I got an email today from Ballistic Products informing me that FedEX has picked up my order of 2 8 lb. kegs of Bullseye powder and is on it way to deep South Texas.

I now have enough powder, primers, lead and brass to last me all of my life. It is a very good feeling.

BTW..two weeks ago a fellow I know is giving up handloading and wanted to know if I wanted a bag of virgin W-W 45 ACP brass for $50.00. I forked over the money and he handed me the brass. This week I got around to counting it and the bag contained 1,000 new unfired cases.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    That's great. I don't think I ever bought a 45acp or 9mm casing in my life and have many pounds of each and it keeps growing.

I'm always looking to trade it away but it seems I'm not the only one.

Motor

It's amazing how many rounds you get per pound of bullseye. I bought a good amount two years ago and haven't burned up one bottle yet.
    2300 rounds of .38 special loaded with one pound of bullseye. (3 grain charge)
    It takes 50 lbs of lead for that many wadcutters.

Bullseye may be old and dirty, but it will always be on my shelf.

Nice, I need to get some.

Boolit Master

I picked up an 8 lb jug of BE this past summer, I love the stuff! Now the hunt is on for an 8 lb. jug of 20/28 to feed my 20 ga for sporting clays. That goes quicker at 15 grs per shot!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

You do realize you are making some of us jellous. Good to see powder showing up on the shelves. our local has been pretty good about Accurate powders.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

I just used my last pound of Bullseye. It was probably 20 years old. I don't reload much with Bullseye but with powder on the hard to get side I finally used it up. It is hard to find anything Alliant on the shelf around these parts.
    16 pounds of powder would last me a long time, but not a life time. Maybe Bullseye would last me a life time but not Unique. I am happy for your score. Everyone needs to get lucky every now and then.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Doggonekid View Post
    I just used my last pound of Bullseye. It was probably 20 years old. I don't reload much with Bullseye but with powder on the hard to get side I finally used it up. It is hard to find anything Alliant on the shelf around these parts.
    16 pounds of powder would last me a long time, but not a life time. Maybe Bullseye would last me a life time but not Unique. I am happy for your score. Everyone needs to get lucky every now and then.
    I am 73, so my lifetime is shorter than most on this board.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    Congratulations!

Boolit Buddy
    good on you for your powder score...I have not seen bullseye. unique, or 2400 on a shelf for over 2 years now. The closest I have came is "you should have been here last week we had some come in but it did not last a day."

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Good score!
    Get it while you can.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!
    Ben Franklin

Dang.....Guess I just don't shoot enough Bullseye...

Boolit Master
    Charles--I wish I was only 73!
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Moderator Emeritus

The Good Lord is lookin' after ya', Char-Gar! Good on ya'. I'm ashamed to admit I've never burned a single grain of Bullseye. I got stuck on 700X in my .38/.357 and .44 and .45's, and just never found a reason to change powders for my lighter loads. It's hard to find these days in the quantities I want, and I've had the bad luck to find "Ya' should'a been here yesterday" a lot. Only a total fool could miss how many people have gotten stellar results from it, and I'm not THAT bad off ... yet. And you're right, it IS a good feeling to have that much security. Personally, I'm hoping neither of us has quite a "lifetime's supply," but that may be a pipedream, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    The Good Lord is lookin' after ya', Char-Gar! Good on ya'. I'm ashamed to admit I've never burned a single grain of Bullseye. I got stuck on 700X in my .38/.357 and .44 and .45's, and just never found a reason to change powders for my lighter loads. It's hard to find these days in the quantities I want, and I've had the bad luck to find "Ya' should'a been here yesterday" a lot. Only a total fool could miss how many people have gotten stellar results from it, and I'm not THAT bad off ... yet. And you're right, it IS a good feeling to have that much security. Personally, I'm hoping neither of us has quite a "lifetime's supply," but that may be a pipedream, too.
    I started loading for revolvers and autopistols well over 50 years ago and Bullseye powder was THE powder for most handgun rounds. I have never found any compelling reason to change.

Boolit Grand Master

I picked up some a few months back because I couldn't find any HP-38/W231. Well I found some HP-38 so I will get around to testing the two against each other. I know both will perform great so it's kind of a pointless test

Boolit Grand Master
    Simple math.

At 4.5 gr. for .452 SWC 200 gr. That would be 28,000 rounds.
    At 2.8 gr. for .358 WC 148 gr. That would be 40,000 rounds.

LOTS of shooting Char-Gar!! Enjoy!!

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I am 73, so my lifetime is shorter than most on this board.
    Makes you realze that you are not ten feet tall and bullet proof,same age as you,have a good day and good luck
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant