Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: california shooting

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Cool, now I need to order two more barrels in the morning. I was putting it off because I didn't know how I wanted to build them. Looks like 223 Wylde it is. Also need furniture and BCGs now that I think about it. Great!

The news should be reporting the news, not conjecture. Everything is an OpEd piece anymore. Apparently none of them took a journalism class. Let alone know that journalists are supposed to report unbiased facts. Wonder if we will get any true facts from this one.
    Dang. I'm not doing it again. I'm not getting knuckles deep in component buying. I'll enjoy what I have and see what the future holds for me.

Boolit Master
    Shaking my head… Now there are anywhere from two to four others in various locations. At times like this it's best to shut off the news for a few hours, wait till they sort things out.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Dang. I'm not doing it again. I'm not getting knuckles deep in component buying. I'll enjoy what I have and see what the future holds for me.
    Having only some parts does me no good. I was going to buy everything on Black Friday and Cyber Monday but spent the money elsewhere. Buying what I don't want is pointless which is why I haven't bought anything. Oh well, it is what it is.

Love Life
    I got mags for sale, lol.

Boolit Grand Master

california shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I got mags for sale, lol.
    I don't. When a dealer at a show was selling 30rd Pmags for $8 apiece I bought all he had. I don't think this is going to cause a run. Between this, CO and the stupidity that comes out of the POSPOTUS it just sped up my timetable.

Boolit Buddy
    in these cases, i doubt we will ever be told the truth.
    i am glad the shooters are dead. but, dead guys can't talk about who sent them, or why. some gubmint people will decided what to tell us, that will be determined by someone's political agenda.

Love Life
    Some random black guy said "It was a regular white dude!" in the vehicle that was shot up...

Boolit Master
    Now instead of all three dead it looks like one or two dead, one or two in custody, one or two missing/barricaded, possibly a fifth or sixth on the run...

Love Life
    One may possibly be female, or a dinosaur, according to live reports...

Boolit Master
    Obama tried to tie this in in case it is terrorism. There is legislation pending that if you are a "terrorist" and on the no fly list, then you will not be allowed to buy a gun. Obama took the opportunity to say that terrorists shouldn't be allowed to buy guns. Well, no duh! The problem is the government can put anyone they want on the no fly list, no recourse or reason needed. How scary is that?
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by historicfirearms View Post
    Obama tried to tie this in in case it is terrorism. There is legislation pending that if you are a "terrorist" and on the no fly list, then you will not be allowed to buy a gun. Obama took the opportunity to say that terrorists shouldn't be allowed to buy guns. Well, no duh! The problem is the government can put anyone they want on the no fly list, no recourse or reason needed. How scary is that?
    Now that's a lie. Even if they wore towels on their heads, shouted "Allahu Akbar," and drove off on camels, he would never call this terrorism.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    This is a picture from the scene. It doesn't identify the origin of the brass, but doesn't report any shots fired by police. I am not good enough to identify the caliber from this picture. Can someone else identify it? Reportedly the shooters used AK47s, but the news people are notoriously bad at calling that sort of thing.

Attachment 154706

Reportedly there were three shooters in military gear and left in a black SUV. I am not a conspiracy nut, but the "there's something wrong with this picture" bells are starting to ring.
    7.62x39 looks to me as in AK
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

I don't. When a dealer at a show was selling 30rd Pmags for $8 apiece I bought all he had. I don't think this is going to cause a run. Between this, CO and the stupidity that comes out of the POSPOTUS it just sped up my timetable.
    ^^^word. My primer/brass/powder purchases just went into overdrive.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    7.62x39 looks to me as in AK
    Hard to tell from the pic but it definitely doesn't look like 5.56. The case looks to fat. So let's say it's an AK. This happened in California so I'm assuming the firearms had bullet buttons, or non removable mags. And of course they didn't have bayonet lugs and other "evil features". Weren't these things banned there a long time ago? So that means if they had these features they were criminals for just possessing them. I don't know Cali's retarded laws but this shouldn't have been able to happen w/ all the laws on the books.

Love Life
    Hard to tell from the pic but it definitely doesn't look like 5.56. The case looks to fat. So let's say it's an AK. This happened in California so I'm assuming the firearms had bullet buttons, or non removable mags. And of course they didn't have bayonet lugs and other "evil features". Weren't these things banned there a long time ago? So that means if they had these features they were criminals for just possessing them. I don't know Cali's retarded laws but this shouldn't have been able to happen w/ all the laws on the books.
    I submit the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300BLKammo.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	154711

Photo credit goes to Cheaper than Dirt.

The photo of the spent cartridge doesn't have enough taper for a 7.62x39, however the mouth is to large in relation to the body to be 223. Given the quality of the media in this country this may in all actuality be a stock photo?

Boolit Grand Master

california shooting

Whatever it is, it fired a steel core bullet that can penetrate 2' of armor. See that, I'm now a bona fide journalist. You don't need facts, just make up something that will stir up emotions in the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    This is a picture from the scene. It doesn't identify the origin of the brass, but doesn't report any shots fired by police. I am not good enough to identify the caliber from this picture. Can someone else identify it? Reportedly the shooters used AK47s, but the news people are notoriously bad at calling that sort of thing.

Attachment 154706

Reportedly there were three shooters in military gear and left in a black SUV. I am not a conspiracy nut, but the "there's something wrong with this picture" bells are starting to ring.
    Looks like 5.45X39 used in the AK74.

Vendor Sponsor

I live here and I have no intention of leaving.

But I am starting to think that Concealed Permit might not be a bad idea.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I live here and I have no intention of leaving.

But I am starting to think that Concealed Permit might not be a bad idea.

Randy
    really ?? You don't say?