Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: 60gr NOE .225 tested.............

Boolit Master

60gr NOE .225 tested.............

Folks, I bought this [PB] mold on a whim, thinking it would be great for my bolt action rifle. I found out this to be true with a light charge of Salut' (Russian Unique).

Friday, I had a friend "field test" this particular bullet, powder coated, through his AR-15. The test simply consisted of seeing if they would function in the AR,
    and to determine if any leading was present.

Loading these into once fired LC cases over a charge of AA2520 produced 2740 fps over his chronograph, NO LEADING! Now to play with accuracy.

I'd appreciate like experiences with this bullet, in either a bolt action rifle, or their AR-15 rifle.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

I was using it in my 16" AR carbine. Used older IMR4064 with .224 sizing and gas checks lubed with Lars red carnauba. I think I worked up 18-19 grains to cycle the action reliably. just plinker load with no accuracy testing at this time.

i now have a MP 75 NATO to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Folks, I bought this [PB] mold on a whim, thinking it would be great for my bolt action rifle. I found out this to be true with a light charge of Salut' (Russian Unique).

Friday, I had a friend "field test" this particular bullet, powder coated, through his AR-15. The test simply consisted of seeing if they would function in the AR,
    and to determine if any leading was present.

Loading these into once fired LC cases over a charge of AA2520 produced 2740 fps over his chronograph, NO LEADING! Now to play with accuracy.

I'd appreciate like experiences with this bullet, in either a bolt action rifle, or their AR-15 rifle.

HV

Looking forward to see how they accurate they do. Could you give some details on the twist rate of the AR that was used? Been looking at getting this mold for AR use.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm using a similar projectile and velocity, i found that to be the close to where you want to be for accuracy.
    It might get accurate again in mid 5.56 velocity. I'm using air cooled WW.

With water dropped i might be able to drive them that hard, haven't tried it.

Note i copper plate mine but before that i dabbled in pc/epoxy. I found 22-2400 fps more ideal with the 55 grainers i was using at the time.

I shoot them in 7.5-16" length barrels. Mostly 1:7 twist.