WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Bringin' home the bacon"....is now BAD for your health

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Canadian bacon is like kissing your sister why bother or when you like it, perverted IMHO
    Actually, "Canadian" bacon (referred to as "back bacon" in Canada) is just cured pork loin. Around here, I can often find pork loin for less than $2 per pound, but "Canadian" bacon is usually quite a bit more expensive. I usually just use some sort of cured ham in my omelets and saute it with the mushrooms and jalapenos before putting it in the omelet with the cheese and folding it over.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector Howard View Post
    It's not the meat that's the real problem, It's all the chemicals and preservatives added to the meats that'll kill you. The corporations that supply all the processed foods to the masses make bigger profits that way and don't care one bit if we die a little early, in fact I've always thought they want it that way. The government and elite would love it if all the "slaves" died the day after we retired. Then they get to use all the money you paid in for social security and medicare.
    How right you are.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy

These are the same dimwits that labeled Pizza a vegetable last year. I had to flee my own office after hearing a colleague say that pizza was a vegetable. I wasn't sure weather or not to choke slam him or backhand him, so I did what any man with a good mother would do and just left him there in his own stank.

Moderator Emeritus

Make your own! Canadian bacon isn't smoked so all you have to do is rub it down with cure, bag it and let it hang out in the fridge for 10-14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Actually, "Canadian" bacon (referred to as "back bacon" in Canada) is just cured pork loin. Around here, I can often find pork loin for less than $2 per pound, but "Canadian" bacon is usually quite a bit more expensive. I usually just use some sort of cured ham in my omelets and saute it with the mushrooms and jalapenos before putting it in the omelet with the cheese and folding it over.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2.The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
    Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.
    Speaking English is apparently what kills you!

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2.The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
    Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.
    Speaking English is apparently what kills you!
    And in none of those countries are people as lazy as we are here. Well #2 is debateable maybe.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't believe a word of them high profile studies, remember how eggs were so bad for you, high cholesterol etc.......NOT, that study was wrong ! New study... eggs are good for you...
    Give me a break !
    I'm not giving up bacon, baloney or beer. And when I go to the ball game....hot dogs will be consumed in mass quantities !
    Gary

Boolit Master
    I'am tired of the healh police they can go to .......... you fill in the blank.

Boolit Master

I see a bunch of people here that are in denial. Denying that what they're eating may harm them. I was too. In 2002 I had a stent put in my LAD artery to bridge a narrow spot in the artery. I was told I would have to avoid fats, salt and get more exercise. At first I was vigilant, reading labels. I switched to skim milk, did some other changes to my diet. In 2005 I found out I'm also a type 2 diabetic. So here comes more restrictions, lower carbs, no more sugar.

Last summer I noticed the old angina, that get me to the doctor for the stent, had returned after doing some exercising on a treadmill. I put off going to a doctor, but my son said get in there! Cut to the chase, on 12-17-14 I had CABG surgery to bypass 3 clogged coronary arteries. When I woke up in ICU, I vowed to make the life style changes to prevent ever having that surgery again. That hurt! Now I've had multiple surgeries in the past, no where near what had just been done to my body. Recovery is long and painful, and still is not over.

My daughter-in-law is a detician. Just don't call her a food Nazi. She spent 4 years to get a degree, then one year as an intern working in a VA hospital with a team of deticians. She is now going for her masters degree. I listen intently when she points out things others don't notice about diet as it concerns me. Oh, she's also a fabulous cook! I spent last weekend at their apartment, they were just married back in June, was fun watching newlyweds. The first visit I could make since they wed. Matt is finishing his BA degree, then will enter medical school to be come a PA, (Physicians Assistant). He's already a paramedic/fireman. They live clear over on the other side of Wisconsin, a 3 hour trip.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Forget the report! Support our pigs!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

More funerals = more money.

Right Rev.?

Something is going to get you in the end ... so you might as well enjoy the time you get!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Something is going to get you in the end ... so you might as well enjoy the time you get!
    As they say, "Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Keeping my health allowes me to enjoy the time longer.

Boolit Buddy
    World who?

Moderator Emeritus

Patty melt somewhere under the bacon! Was tasty too!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Keeping my health allowes me to enjoy the time longer.
    Or to suffer the torture of no bacon or having to eat tasteless foot for a lot longer. It all depends upon your point of view.

Personally, I shooting for the case where the pathologist opens me up during the autopsy and say, "Hell, I don't know how he lived *this* long!"

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Patty melt somewhere under the bacon! Was tasty too!

Its the bread that's no good for you.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master
    I'm making ham and eggs for breakfast. Don't worry, I'll take my aspirin... http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...spirin-n427101

Aspirin reduces the risk of colorectal cancer.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Why not just take up smoking? After all we all know cigarettes are harmless. Just do/eat/live however, never bother going to Dr., drive like an idiot, tempt fate to the limit, after all, when your times up, it's up.

Science knows nothing, medical science has helped man not one bit. Just live life with no care for the future, let's see how all that will work out!

Good Luck!