Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Pie Shine

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

You'll find a whole thread (?) on "cookin' recipes." "Kentucky Apple Pie.

Moderator Emeritus

Back in my younger party days I had an all glass still. Turned out some really good shine in small amounts. Would brew up a quart for a party now and then and to take ice fishing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ol skool View Post

In Oregon you can grow dope. But in the US you can't distill 5 gallons of wine to a couple fifths of hooch. Weird, eh?
    Not true. You can legally distill liquor for your own personal use. you can buy a still ready to go. If you want to sell it, that's a different story. BTW, that's true of beer and wine too. You can make it for your own consumption, but if you want to sell it, that's a different story.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by seaboltm View Post
    Not true. You can legally distill liquor for your own personal use. you can buy a still ready to go. If you want to sell it, that's a different story. BTW, that's true of beer and wine too. You can make it for your own consumption, but if you want to sell it, that's a different story.
    You can brew beer and ferment wine but you cannot legally distill any alcohol. It's a federal offense. You cannot legally even own an unregistered still. It's federal offense for a miller to mill corn that is sprouting as well. Here's a link- http://www.ttb.gov/spirits/home-distilling.shtml
    INFIDEL

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    I've done cherry pie shine, never heard of apple pie shine. Cherry pie shine turns out like an XXXtra hard cider, it'll sneak up on ya and kick ya!
    Very quickly too.Apple should be about the same just don't make it to sweet.man I miss those days
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Its been over 50 years since I tipped a jug or mason jar of shine.

The MAKE BELIEVE shine you buy today at the liquor stores does not taste nor smell like the real home brew I used to enjoy when I was stationed at NAS OCEANA.

Them days and that shine are gone for good as the last still I heard about in or near Chiraq got raided shortly after the old stock yards shut down.

Seems a shiner owned a house next to the stock yards police station and had been brewing for many years.

Yes the smell from the yards was was way stronger than the still.

Unfortunately he forgot the yards were being cleaned up but a cop born and raised in W V knew just what the aroma meant.

Gone but not forgotten.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    I don't drink shine , since the plastic barrels and jugs started being used ,it's like drinking water out of a hot water hose. But good copper and glass jar stuff stuff use to be good . Now the sit down and relax drink is jimbeam smother with or without coke and ice depending on outside temp. Be a responsible drunk . I mis glass coke bottles to .

Boolit Master

To press a point home. You CANNOT legally distill anything for personal use in the United States of America. The only country I know of that it is legal is New Zealand.

It's a shame.

I doubt that it is a high priority for the BATFE, but still (pardon the pun) very illegal.

Good shine in a quart jar with some charred white oak sticks turns a delicious amber color with excellent vanilla after tones in about a week. Just saying.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Grand Master

I got a jar in the refrigerator, it was left over from a wedding and big reception. I've Never made it but consumed a lot of it. It sneaks up on you, taste good, goes down easy, them knocks you down when you not looking.
    The peach shine taste better than the apple but strange as it seems the BANANA shine is hands the best tasting......that's some good stuff. I have no idea how it's made but it does not taste like rotten banans...it has a pleasant banana flavor and has a higher alcohol content than the apple or peach and is not as sweet. It's my favorite.

Gary

Banned

I drink very little anymore. Ill have a beer occasionaly (no flavored kinds, make mine a bud thank you) and even like a little sip of shine occasionaly. I keep a couple jars in the loading room. I have a friend that gets it for me for free. Sorry to all who disagree but I had my first shine right out of a still in NC and thought it was some of the best sipping wiskey I ever drank and to this day I want my wiskey to taste like wiskey not some yuppie flavored water or micro brewed beer.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I drink very little anymore. Ill have a beer occasionaly (no flavored kinds, make mine a bud thank you) and even like a little sip of shine occasionaly. I keep a couple jars in the loading room. I have a friend that gets it for me for free. Sorry to all who disagree but I had my first shine right out of a still in NC and thought it was some of the best sipping wiskey I ever drank and to this day I want my wiskey to taste like wiskey not some yuppie flavored water or micro brewed beer.
    To each their own, myself? I drink not at all as far as alcohol goes.

My daughter brought it up and as I like peaches it sounded good, but not for me.

Used to like Johnnie Walker, Maker's Mark, or for pure enjoyment, Yukon Jack or Southern Comfort. Neither of these 4 would I call a Yuppie flavored drink.

Never did like beer.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy
    Even just to make fuel alcohol one needs a permit and then it has to be -poison pilled so it con not be consumed,
    we thought about making our own fuel a few years back when still on the bird farm and trying to save some bucks on fuels, the permit is cheap BUT you have to track every thing , every pound of sugar, corn, grain, even waste , what a mess just to make FUEL...

I think they where worried more about fires and burning down Chicago again and not the bad spirits that folks consumed and then got sick or dead...

didn't they want us to be more independent from Over seas fuels and oil???
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 10-20-2015 at 01:45 PM.