Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: Opinion needed on a FEG pistol

Boolit Bub

Opinion needed on a FEG pistol

I am looking to buy a .32 acp pistol just to plink with since I am set up to reload that ammo. I am currently looking at a FEG .32 acp and want to know if anyone out there has used this manufacturers gun before, and if so are they worth about 150 shipped and transferred? Thanks

I have a buddy that just got a PA-63 in 9MM Makarov. Nice little gun, quite accurate and nicely finished. I'm afraid that's about the limit of my experience with FEG. I think the one you're considering is pretty much the same gun. If .32acp fits your needs, I say "go for it."

Boolit Buddy

Hey Deboog. I say go for it. I have an FEG Hipower clone & it has turned out to be a fantastic shooter. I've never had a problem with it & it sure does like cast!

Being that you want the gun for plinking, it don't need to be a tack driver & for a buck fifty, what the heck.

Boolit Man
    i have a feg mark 2 model apk in .380 i've shot thousands of rounds through it , no problems at all
    joejr

Boolit Mold

pistol

like the other guys say, I've had one and never had any problems with it as well...
    they seem well built, I bought several of these when they came out as surplus long ago. I would think if it seems to fit well to you, get it! there are not many pistols in that price range that are as well built.
    Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus

I'll second the HP clone being a great gun for the $. Just know that the magazines are not interchangeable with the browning models.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master
    I have owned a couple of the FEG, Model PA-63 and consider them to be the best buy on the pocket pistol market. They compare well to my PPK's. I read an article several years that said that they had been contracted to Walther for the european market and sold there as the PPe. I believe that article was in a "Gun Digest: several years ago. The sure made my day as I already owned two of them when I read the article. Go fo it! Neil

Boolit Mold
    Hey Deboog93,
    Got a link on that pistol? Where ya getting it from?
    My wife quite likes the .32 ACP and has a few of one type or the other. The price is sure right.
    We bought two FEG hi power clones back in '99.
    I was excited about 'em because the price was right and for once my wife and I had found a gun that we could both live with. I'd been wanting to standardize on the same type of gun for the both of us.

Well, the guns had consecutive serial numbers. Mine never ran right at all and could never really get through a mag without a jam, even with FMJ. Goodness knows I tried.
    Her gun ran fine, but at about 600 rounds the front sight flipped off. Then both of the mags supplied with the guns self destructed.
    Well, I never did like th way the safety felt on 'em anyway, so these both got traded off.
    I went back to a revolver, and she to a Glock.

I understand the new FEG hi powers are really nice guns though.

Let me know if you get that .32, and how it works out!

Smile

What's the deal on the Hi-Power magazines?

I ran into a similar problem with a Taurus PT-92-AF. Thought Beretta 92 magazines would work in it. They won't.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Master

Late post but the mag catch for a Taurus 92 mag is in a different location the a Beretta 92 mag. A B-92 mag can be modified to work in a T-92 pistol with a dremel and a cutoff wheel and a close eye.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Oh, and my FEG Hi-Power Clone works just fine with Browning Magazines.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    You might want to look at the CZ82 in 9mm Mak for comparison. A few bucks more than the FEG maybe but very solidly built, will shoot anything I put through it too. It likes the Lee mold for 9mm Mak too with 45/45/10 tumble lube. Very accurate plus you can cut down all the 9mm luger brass you can find if you are a little industrious, .like I do during the winter months.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations