MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fowler loader?

Boolit Buddy

Fowler loader?

Another loader that I recently came across and have seen is made by Fowler or at least goes by that name. Anyone have any information on this one? It's an auto indexing progressive press for metallic cartridges.

any chance on a picture or two?

HGS

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HGS View Post
    any chance on a picture or two?

HGS
    Sure, I'll take a few and post them a little later. In the meantime I'm hoping someone has some information on it.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's one picture of the partially disassembled Fowler loader. This is an auto indexing machine powered by an electric motor. The base also serves as an oil reservoir. The nameplate shows Fowler Burbank CA. Has anyone seen one of these before or have any information on it?

Attachment 145270
    Last edited by beeser; 07-25-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Boolit Master
    Never seen anything like this before.

Thank you for the photo!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Here's another picture of the mystery auto reloader. The base (not shown) closing the bottom for the oil reservoir is large enough to mount a small motor. The silver looking knob is a pulley for the motor drive. I still haven't found any information about the machine or the company online. It was probably made in the '50s the best I've been able to determine.
    Attachment 145287

Boolit Buddy
    I've spent a considerable amount of time talking with a number of people in the reloading industry and surprisingly no one so far has even the faintest recollection of the reloader or the company. Anyone have any ideas how to advance my research?

It's not been in any of the books I have checked - I would check with the library see if they have a microfiche of gun magazines like American Rifleman or Similar.

am finding some cool links
    http://www.rtconnect.net/~wjmanley/ARTCA/ARTCA15.pdf
    Last edited by Artful; 07-28-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    I'm fresh out of ideas on how to find info. on this loader or the company itself. Anyone have any suggestions on advancing the search?

Boolit Master
    Wish I knew, I sure would like to see a photo of the complete press ready for action.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Buddy
    Here are more pictures of the Fowler with a few more parts added. The mechanisms housed inside the body of the machine are the most complex I've seen for a reloader. The post on the left moves up and down to engage the die holder on the right, which rotates by means of a Geneva Wheel. A foot operated switch serves the motor. I've had zero success locating any information about this reloader or the company that manufactured it. If anyone has any ideas on how to carry the search forward I would appreciate it.

Attachment 149961

Attachment 149962

Attachment 149963
    Last edited by beeser; 09-28-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Correction - I stated the post on the left moves up and down but there are actually 2 shafts on this post that move independently of each other.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the pics.

Too bad that there isn't any information out there, especially a photo of it in it's prime.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Thanks for the pics.

Too bad that there isn't any information out there, especially a photo of it in it's prime.
    Yes, I'm afraid this is going to be a long-term project but I'm confident that something will surface eventually. This machine was set up for .38 Special but I was made aware of other machines set up for other calibers. So this was not just a one time prototype.

Boolit Grand Master

If you have a location or approximate one and an approximate date start with business indexes and Chamber of Commerce indexes. Some of the most helpful people I have ever met have been research librarians. Usually my problem with them is shutting them off when I've found what I wanted!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Pressman might know about this. He's up on most old reloading tools. You can reach him via email: pressman@antiqueloadingtools.com.
    I had questions about an Eagle Cobra press, he answered them all , he said it was a fun design to go ahead and get it , so I bought the press, cleaned it up and it's back in service. And he was right on...it's a neat press.
    If he doesn't know about it I bet he can find information on it.
    Gary

Boolit Buddy
    I've exhausted all of my leads and still nothing has been found about the Fowler. Even Pressman drew a blank.

Boolit Buddy
    A one time bump for info. on the Fowler.

Banned
    Beeser, where so you keep turning up these things??? Talk about a brain teaser!

Have you tried to put your mystery parts on the Fowler? Looks like they may fit.

Ken

any chance that Fowler is just the name of the foot switch not the loader? I found this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fowler-Pedal-Foot-Switch-54-350-070-/131434478544