RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Membership

Secretary of our Club ... 1,385 members ... Dues $150 for your initial membership and then $100 per year provided you do not let your membership lapse. We do not prorate dues and our membership year runs from Apr 1 through Mar 31 of each year. Will cost you $150 to join regardless of when in the year you join.

Like someone posted above, I would bet that no more than 500 of our members actually use the range more than several times a year. We have a good many members that just show up in Oct/Nov to sight in their hunting rifles.

Additionally, at one time we allowed the purchase of a Life Time Membership ..... cut that out several years back. Also, any honorary member must be voted on by the entire membership. This has cut down on the number of honorary members considerably.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Our biggest problem is with the requirements we put to the prospective member, one of the biggest is that we expect all members to be competitors, not just folks who wish to shoot.
    Ah! It's a club for 'special' people.
    Apparently, there are only 70 of those in the area ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Bub
    The shooting club I am in has a limit of 300 dues paying members, dues are $150 per year with $100 maintenance fee which can be covered by a work day. The membership requires a share of stock in the land holding corporation at $700.00 (150 acres of land). 5 pistol or rifles ranges, skeet and trap.

"For those of you who belong to a club range what is your membership numbers?"

We're limited to 115 members. However, many, i.e., 60 -65 of the 115 , are 65 yrs. of age or older and are absolved of work or dues requirements.

I'm a member of the Albany Rifle & Pistol Club in mid- Willamette Valley Oregon. They started way back around 1946, and you can get a pretty good idea of what it's like by visiting www.arpc.info I joined in 2006 and the annual membership fee at that time was $70 and there were about 1,200 members. Now the annual fee is around $140 and the membership is about 1,600. There is an initiation fee, but I joined before they had it and I don't know what it is. That's probably on the website. As far as I know there is no membership limit, and the club has just gotten better and better in the 9 years I've been a member, with an increase in the length of the rifle range and the addition of more pistol bays. They have a pro shop that would be the envy of many gun shops, with lots of reloading components, factory ammo, and accessories for sale at competitive prices.
    All in all, a great club.

Are annual membership dues are $60.00 per year we have 1,000 members. The same 30 - 40 members use the club somedays I'm the only member to use the club. We have log in sheets so I know its the least used club in southern Michigan.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    The club I belonged to had a cap at 1000 members, with a waiting list of several hundred. It took 3-5 years to move through the waiting list.
    The enemy of good is better.

Boolit Grand Master

750 members. Two skeet fields, two trap fields, five stand, one rifle range 100/200 yards, two short pistol ranges, one a bit longer and a 50 yd rifle range. Matches every weekend, very well run and maintained. Probably less than 100 active members. Waiting list several years long, I bought mine from a friend's widow after he died.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Membership at the Club I belong to is a little over 800. Not nearly the number of firing points you have.

Something ain't right, jcwit. The 2 Obummer terms have swelled our membership numbers to the point that it's overloading our facilities - even after we upped the initiation fee to the point we thought it might cut down on the number of people wanting to join. It hasn't and we keep getting 4 to 12 new people wanting to join each month.

The required competitor status may be the issue. We have seen a participation decline in the organized competitions (most everything NRA) over the last 4+ years - everyone seems to want a black gun and to "do their own thing", right here, right now kind of attitude.

I wish you well. Even if you are getting a stipend for being on a Board of Directors, it's still yeoman's work. A surplus of critics and a deficit of contributors to the cause. That's how we lose a lot of our good BOD members.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by GSM View Post
    Membership at the Club I belong to is a little over 800. Not nearly the number of firing points you have.

Something ain't right, jcwit. The 2 Obummer terms have swelled our membership numbers to the point that it's overloading our facilities - even after we upped the initiation fee to the point we thought it might cut down on the number of people wanting to join. It hasn't and we keep getting 4 to 12 new people wanting to join each month.

The required competitor status may be the issue. We have seen a participation decline in the organized competitions (most everything NRA) over the last 4+ years - everyone seems to want a black gun and to "do their own thing", right here, right now kind of attitude.

I wish you well. Even if you are getting a stipend for being on a Board of Directors, it's still yeoman's work. A surplus of critics and a deficit of contributors to the cause. That's how we lose a lot of our good BOD members.
    No stipends here, but I do spend a lot on gas going to and from meetings.

We have one member, "BOD member" who seems to believe that instruction will stop any and all accidents. I did bring up the fact about walking in the pasture to calm him down, and also informed him that we do not live in a perfect world. With that said safety should always be at the forefront.

I do believe folks are beginning to see the light tho.

Otherwise the meeting went very well. In fact super.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

hrpclub.info

We're a 100% NRA club. I believe membership is capped at 350 members per the bylaws.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    My club has about 850 members with a waiting list. We decided to limit membership due to better control on what happens here. Used to cost $200 to join and $100 for each year after that. Now we will have a live on the property rangemaster due to some of the members shooting things they should not. Dues went up on the membership $250 to join and $150 after that. We will be paying off the load either this year or next. They have made this a real family oriented range and that is what the board wanted. Some member with their shoot everything attitude are no longer with us. New members have to get a background check to protect the range and people who shoot here. AKA felons cannot own or shoot firearms. Frank
    Last edited by Frank46; 10-10-2015 at 12:02 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    jcwit:

Good to hear that you had a good meeting. Sometimes those are few and far between.

The stipend at our Club is that BOD members have their annual dues comp'ed. Even so, some years it is hard to get enough folks to fill the open slots on the Board. Years ago, some smarta*s figured out that the BOD members got about 5 cents an hour for the amount of time we put into keeping the Club going and open for the members (not including fuel or aggravation from some precious members). If you can find folks that understand that it's more important to have a place to shoot and teach the next generation, everyone will be better off.

Not sure what to tell you about the one board member. Might tell him that he cannot legislate or generate enough rules to make a perfect Club or world (Washington DC is the prime example of trying to legislate common sense / good manners).

Keep doing what you are doing as long as you believe in the group and what they stand for. It's not a burden as long as you believe YOU are doing something to keep the Constitution relevant for the next generation. Having a good place to shoot and being among good friends helps a lot.

Local Club "Chief Firearms Instructor" 1994 - 1996
    Local Club "Money Changer" 1996 - Current

Not doing it for the glamour - just like to have a good place to shoot and enjoy myself and the company of good people around me.

Keep swimming upstream.

Boolit Master
    club I belong stands at 1400 members(approx). Has ranges for every shooting discipline. Inc. 1000yd. Rifle. $150.00 initiation/orientation and $100.00 annual dues.

Currently app. 1070 members. Initial payment 250 euros and 60 euros annually. No limit in membership (I have never heard that there was a limit on any shooting club in Finland).
    We have f.e. black powder, IPSC, siluette (200 meter and 500 meter), moving target (moose, wild boar..), skeet and trap, compak sporting and sporting.

Boolit Master

I used to drive past the range every day,but never stopped by as it did not appear to offer what appeals to me. Unless you have made changes to the range. That range looks great if one likes static stand and shoot paper. I prefer to practice on steel and paper from the holster. Just saying what do you have to offer these days and are you advertising (flyer at local gun shops)?

Regards and best of luck.

Work in progress at this point. We do offer cowboy shoots, supervised of course. Trying to get it more user friendly, which is a job in itself. Not sure I'll live long enough to soo the results of that happening! I'm serious in that statement.

Boolit Master

Wow, talk about a cultural divide....to most folks in this part of the world a range is a friend's field or your own, shooting into dead dirt bank or a live hog. sorta
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

I was a member of a gun club at one time, lasted for 1 year.
    Member was caped at 500 IIRC.
    I only had the weekends to shoot, club has a very active IDPA group.
    They hold matches every weekend, Sat and Sunday sometimes. Being a small range,
    the matches were held in the berms of the rifle range, so no use for what I wanted to do.
    So I had to take off work to use the range, dues were 70 dollars a year.
    Missing a day of work once a month or so was not working out with the money involved.
    I have built a range on my place, I can shoot out to 125 yards.
    Saving money is a good thing.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    I was a member of a gun club at one time, lasted for 1 year.
    Member was caped at 500 IIRC.
    I only had the weekends to shoot, club has a very active IDPA group.
    They hold matches every weekend, Sat and Sunday sometimes. Being a small range,
    the matches were held in the berms of the rifle range, so no use for what I wanted to do.
    So I had to take off work to use the range, dues were 70 dollars a year.
    Missing a day of work once a month or so was not working out with the money involved.
    I have built a range on my place, I can shoot out to 125 yards.
    Saving money is a good thing.
    But a total lack of comradery. Which in my case I enjoy. As far as just shooting, I likely to have the range to myself any day of the week except for weekends.