Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardline Industries??

Boolit Buddy

Hardline Industries??

Ok I have to admit I have not been keeping up 100% with the goings on here but I can not get hold of any one at Hardline, and saw there was some issue going on in the recent past but the phone is Non-op and emails go with out answer??
    Did they already have to close down??

This is not intended to stir up any bad blood, or get any one upset, I just need to conclude some business with them and hoping to hear back from them a while back.

Their banner is gone, the web site is still up but that's about it.

Any one with more info please contact me, as to where or what might be going on. Since I can't get the items I needed from my local Az bullet machine co. then I was hoping to give these guys some money and get what I needed, and ""yes"" I could not get Ballista to get it it done either .

Boolit Buddy
    so along these lines: Ballistacast is gone!
    Hardline is Non-op.
    Magma is not an option!
    I found N V Ballistics , found out they where making some of Bill's stuff at Ballista...not anymore, ties cut last year!

Is there any other Co. out there that make sizer lubers- and casters, that have been around and know what they are doing??

Man I go off line and get out of making bullets for a couple years and now all this....crazy

Boolit Buddy
    If you are looking for custom lube sizer dies try S&S firearms. They will make the size you want and are compatible with Lyman and RCBS lube sizer presses.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a ton of dies, thanks.
    It has more to do with stuff I sent them and now I can't find them to get my stuff back.....along with some small stuff like a 150 -220# pound pot I've been trying to get made BY them also to feed our BIG shot maker...
    Found a Co. called Wagge that can do that , but would like my stuff back.
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 09-15-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    not that most folks here will care,
    spent a couple hours sending out PM's, emails, and looking at face book and public records

Seems that I have a short list of folks to call in the morning that look to be his family members, maybe I can get him to contact me after I call them up asking about how he is doing now and if he might be able to have a visit with me when I come up the N.D. very soon.

'they seem to have run a couple out fits from the same address, so maybe this will have to be 1st call, then see what happens?
    One place is a hunting lodge, I can roll up there looking to shoot ducks and have a short talk with them or maybe even Derek will be there ??

why do folks get into the business when they have no back ground in the industry?? even if you "are" an engineer, that's not all it takes to run a company and keep doors open, Tried to warn then he was in the deep end now and he was way over his head.

DID any one get one of the famous bullets casters from them ever?? Feel like I am ******* in the wind and I don;t like it one bit.

time to take my blood pressure meds and chill out for a bit- NOW where 'is' that bottle of Beam I had for those special days????

Boolit Buddy
    I can empathize with the frustration(see my prev posts), but take a second and think about the big picture. It's not the end of the world and you don't want to spend more time being aggravated. I probably have some phone numbers from several team members archived in my phone. But, when it comes down to it, they're not interested in chatting/accounting for past orders. I bet you can think of better things worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan B View Post
    not that most folks here will care,
    spent a couple hours sending out PM's, emails, and looking at face book and public records

Seems that I have a short list of folks to call in the morning that look to be his family members, maybe I can get him to contact me after I call them up asking about how he is doing now and if he might be able to have a visit with me when I come up the N.D. very soon.

'they seem to have run a couple out fits from the same address, so maybe this will have to be 1st call, then see what happens?
    One place is a hunting lodge, I can roll up there looking to shoot ducks and have a short talk with them or maybe even Derek will be there ??

why do folks get into the business when they have no back ground in the industry?? even if you "are" an engineer, that's not all it takes to run a company and keep doors open, Tried to warn then he was in the deep end now and he was way over his head.

DID any one get one of the famous bullets casters from them ever?? Feel like I am ******* in the wind and I don;t like it one bit.

time to take my blood pressure meds and chill out for a bit- NOW where 'is' that bottle of Beam I had for those special days????

Boolit Buddy
    Yes you are right-
    I'd don't like the way it gone so far. And would just rather not be out the amount of money that the items Derek has will cost me-
    If it where the cost of a mold or two okay...but not the 1k I am out if he does not get back to me with my product...
    not just frustrated but feel like I've been lied to and stolen from- I am good now-
    still want my machines back but life goes on...
    Plus it goes a bit deeper, there was talk they wanted to 'Buy' me out - take over production, build under license, sell retail and wholesale, let me retire--That part is a joke of course etc...

Boolit Buddy
    Who is Mike Sand??
    is/ was this Derek's partner??

never mind answered my own question - For while I thought Derek was Bill's son- I had it wrong
    will try to contact Mike Sands Via Bill , i think his phone still works, maybe find my equipment - get it back home - No drama I hope.
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 09-16-2015 at 04:36 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Issue is being dealt with - expect all to work out , glad I did my detective work. It pays to NEVER give up!!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    If it's any help to you , sending a history you've had with them to the attorney general of your state and theirs may likely help .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    Jack
    thanks, and truth be told that might be one way to get things done , but I have no confidence in those agencies, sorry.
    It might even be the adult approach too BUT that is not me.

No I just placed a few calls, made contact and worked it out like grown men do, maybe not face to face but the message was clear and with out being overly rude with the wrong individuals, and no bad blood, as I was just making sure Derek had not forgotten to ship those back , I only did this is such an open format because I needed some help getting cell number or address.

I'm just in the last 24 hrs Finding out things went south for them, and for B.C. it was just not known to me as I don't frequent the forums ( just the cast for shotguns) nor had I any prior knowledge of their problems that forced shut the doors...

It's a big task for any one to get into building machines to cast bullets like these out fits where doing. Though I would have made many changes to the BC machine, some folks like them and now support for those machine and the others will be that more stressful on those owners if the need for UNIQUE parts come up.

I hope NV Ballistic will be able make spare for those folks, I did not go into details with the owner there but he suggested I call back and speak to Keith, the head guy in the works dept. Yeah. good deal.

bottom line the shot makers are coming back, and that is all I needed from them.

I did not have any molds or machines on order so my position in the sequences of events and what has and I guess still taking place is much different than folks here on the forum. I am truly sorry Good shooters, hard working Patriots and fellow bullet casters got the shank by the action or failure of action that took place.
    Maybe NV Bal. will be the answer for future casters.
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 09-17-2015 at 12:56 AM.

In Remembrance

Up until late May/early June Derek and I would exchange newsy E-Mails about work and his new born besides the world in general. Then the E-Mails stopped, I started hearing `things` about their works. In late June when I couldn`t get ahold of Derek by phone or shop E-Mail about the status of my simple 2 cavity mold that I had ordered the previous November - I cancelled my order both by phone message and business E-Mail. I think waiting 9 months for a simple design mold is a bit long, irregardless of machinery calibrations they claimed and another time the new CNC wouldn`t make straight lines - I sat by with understanding. It was the sudden halt of communication about anything happening that prompted my cancellation.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Robert- pm inbound please respond- at your leisure ,

I have been pmed by folks that I'd like to say thanks to , your help & insight are very much appreciated .

For any one that does have their molds? ARE they any good??
    I suppose I could go back and try to find good posts to see HOW many where sold and folks happy vs. folks not happy with what they got and the WHY NOT?

I want their cherries and tooling, left over parts if any.

I wanted one of the Hand casters, since I have *(other brand goes here)* I was looking to replace with new gear, these items had, have appeal to me.

IF you have the hand caster do you like it??
    If you have their molds are you happy?
    Did they work ??
    I want to know about the sizers? Who has one? DO you like those??

Thanks for the input and or 1st hand knowledge of the Hardline product line.
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 09-17-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    The mold I have from them is first class. Quality up there with Mihec. I wanted 3 more but have no idea what happened. I really wanted them to succeed.....

Dale

In Remembrance

They did a mold replacement run of the ill fated 7mm Thor mold by a previous owner of before Hardline. I believe the total number of those molds was between 25 and 30. I have one of those molds although I have not used it, ill health, to say how it functions. Then again just about anything would be better than the `paper weights` original Thor molds. This replacement of this mold run took longer to complete due to various reason they kept coming up with. I`ve also heard that they never completed making replacement molds for all the group buy people that bought into the original.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    I would have liked getting the 'table top caster' , did those get out? Looked cool from what I saw online but not seeing it person just makes it hard to be certain.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Alan B View Post
    Robert- pm inbound please respond- at your leisure ,

I have been pmed by folks that I'd like to say thanks to , your help & insight are very much appreciated .

For any one that does have their molds? ARE they any good??
    I suppose I could go back and try to find good posts to see HOW many where sold and folks happy vs. folks not happy with what they got and the WHY NOT?

I want their cherries and tooling, left over parts if any.

I wanted one of the Hand casters, since I have *(other brand goes here)* I was looking to replace with new gear, these items had, have appeal to me.

IF you have the hand caster do you like it??
    If you have their molds are you happy?
    Did they work ??
    I want to know about the sizers? Who has one? DO you like those??

Thanks for the input and or 1st hand knowledge of the Hardline product line.
    Are you asking about Hardline specifically?
    Or Derek's and Mike's manufacturing skills ?

I can't speak to Hardline, but I got in on a Ballisti-Cast group buy (Derek and Mike runnin' the place) in the Spring of 2012. For all the details, read this thread, it has all the customer feedback you could ever want to read ...and more. The synopsis is, most of the buyers were happy with the mold quality, a few were not...But we all waited quite a long time.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oice-Group-Buy

I got my mold on Christmas Eve, here are some photos. I will say, it's an awesome looking mold with excellent machining. It did take some "breakin" time, before I got use to casting with it, but after 3 sessions, I can say it is one of my favorite molds. I don't know what kind of steel they used, but even with nearly airtight storage containers for all my Iron molds, this one will develop a surface rust fairly quickly if I don't coat it with oil. My Lyman's and Seaco's and RCBS's and H&G's don't do that.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...red&highlight=
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance

Just for laughs and giggles I checked on the Thor mold they made and sent to me. I store my unused molds in zip-lock bags with a film of light oil. Having never used this mold I was surprised to find a film of rust on the sprue plate and body halves. The inside was still fine, but I rubbed the mold down and re-oiled the whole thing. Yes, none of my other molds from different makers showed any signs of any type of rust.Robert

Love Life
    I have a couple Hardline Industries moulds. They are darn near perfect and worth every penny paid for them. I really hate to hear of their troubles as their iron moulds are/were really good.

Boolit Master
    i have 8 molds which took almost 9 months to get.

i really wanted them to succeed as well, because the molds i got are really well made.
    sprue plate is thicker than anybodys ...1/4" thick

once up to temp hardly ever a cull.