Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the most number of live primers you've ever dropped?

Boolit Master
    Only a few...more than enough times. If anyone else has a RCBS turret they may have a similar problem. ... i lose them inside the press ram. I sheared one in half and it blew the ram down ripping the handle out of my hand.

In Remembrance

Over the last 50+ years of reloading probably 50 - 60. Mosly 1 or 2 at a time and not a tray full. Seems to usually happen dumping primers out of those large trays and into my Dillon metal primer flipper 1 or 2 will make a dash escape off the bench. Probably a few months later I`ll find some small or large primers in a dark and dusty nook under my benches. Then I must decide do I keep them or toss them, not knowing if they are pistol or rifle primers.Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by funnyjim014 View Post
    Only a few...more than enough times. If anyone else has a RCBS turret they may have a similar problem. ... i lose them inside the press ram. I sheared one in half and it blew the ram down ripping the handle out of my hand.
    i prime off the press, but i sure lose alot of spent primers in the ram.

Boolit Master

One evening while preparing to some 45 ACP I accidentally elbowed a full tray of 100 off the corner of the bench. Luckily it's fall was broken by 5 gallon bucket full of lead scrap that was to be added to my next smelting session. I haven't got around to doing that bucket yet because I'm going to have to spread it out on a sheet of plywood to pick the primers out.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

Not sure this is what you are asking but I will toss it in anyway.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Buddy
    Most I've dropped was about 20 or 30. I load on a LCT, using the Lee Safety Prime System. I had just put 100 primers in the tray and was getting ready to flip the last few over and I must have put it down on something uneven because the weight of the primers didn't keep it level (those who use it know what I'm taking about) and it tipped up about 20 degrees, sending many over the edge of the tray and onto the bench, with some going onto the floor. If I remember correctly, I did find all of them, but it took me a good 15 or 20 minutes. Looking back, that event really frazzled me for a while, and I was clumsier than normal for most of the loading session. Next time that happens I'm just going to take a nice long break before continuing to load, after finding the primers, to let my nerves calm first.

Boolit Grand Master
    There is a difference between dropping and spilling.

Like williamwaco, I have dropped a sleeve of 5,000 a few feet. I have also spilled a few in my time, mostly due to using either primer tubes ala Dillon or trays for hand primers ala RCBS or Lee.

Funny thing, I don't remember spilling very many primers back when I was priming on the press (Rockchucker) maybe because I only slid the cover out far enough to expose ten primers at once?

Robert