Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N.O.E. Molds...

Boolit Master

Question N.O.E. Molds...

Will either RCBS or Lyman 2-cavity handles work with an N.O.E. 2-cavity mold?...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Buddy
    I believe they will. If I remember properly that's what they say on the N.O.E. website.

Boolit Master

Nobody wants to reply!!!...

I think the N.O.E. site said something about a Lee handle...

I sent N.O.E. an e-mail and ask about this but--No Reply At All (Sounds like a line in a song from many many years ago!!!)...

But, guess they might want to sell their handles...

I sure hate to order the mold and then have to order a handle and pay shipping on it also...

Thanks...BCB

I use lee handles with my NOE mold but heres a thread talking about RCBS working http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...E-mold-handles

Moderator Emeritus

I use Lee handles
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

I use Lee, a pair of Cabine Tree locking handles and the ones NOE makes. The NOE ones are a lot higher quality than Lee.

Boolit Man
    Hi BCB, I have used both the Lyman 2 cavity and the Lee. I never tried RCBS handles on any mold other than the RCBS. I prefer the old style Lyman 2 cavity handles on my NOE mold, they are shorter and less fatiguing.

Boolit Master
    Nobody wants to reply because the answer is in the stickies--much discussion/info there

Suggest you go there and search.

Banned

I just use Lee Precision Handles. They work. If you already have the RCBS/Lyman handles just try them. Otherwise, I would order NOE or Lee handles.

Boolit Master

Ebay has sets of Lee handles for next to nothing. I bought 3 of them on an auction for ~$24

Still have one lonely pair of handles
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LAKEMASTER View Post
    Ebay has sets of Lee handles for next to nothing. I bought 3 of them on an auction for ~$24

Still have one lonely pair of handles
    I read on the N.O.E. site that the Lee 6-cavity may work with SOME ALTERATIONS...

That's intersting information--will they or won't they work?!!!

Their handles are not available, at least not now. That is what their website indicates...

Guess I will try to get the Lee handles. I do see them on e-bay...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Grand Master

The Lee handles work w/ no modifications.

Boolit Master
    Check out the thread in Molds NOE Mold Handles vs Lee Mold Handles on NOE Mould

Boolit Buddy

Yes they will work but I tend to use Lee handles instead
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB View Post
    I read on the N.O.E. site that the Lee 6-cavity may work with SOME ALTERATIONS...

That's intersting information--will they or won't they work?!!!

Their handles are not available, at least not now. That is what their website indicates...

Guess I will try to get the Lee handles. I do see them on e-bay...

Thanks...BCB
    I personally would wait a few days for the NOE handles to restock, instead of buying the Lee. I wouldn't think they would be out of stock for long. I know I am going to order NOE to replace the Lee I am using now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    I personally would wait a few days for the NOE handles to restock, instead of buying the Lee. I wouldn't think they would be out of stock for long. I know I am going to order NOE to replace the Lee I am using now.
    Do the Lee not fit well and they allow the mold to not close easily--maybe a bit out of alignment before it actually closes?...

I just got the mold today and it sure looks like it is well-made. I almost hate to get it dirty!!!...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Master
    If I had only used the Lee I would have been okay as they do fit the slots in width, but there are a couple of minor differences in the NOE that sure make a difference in the lock up. First the jaw angle on the NOE is about 1/4" narrower and the pin holes are 1/64" smaller, so it takes out the wiggle when the haves come together. Not a big deal, but the NOE feel more precision. The wood on the NOE is slightly larger, but the big thing for me is the wood is pinned to the metal so I can't see them ever coming off. Loose handles that have to be glued back on is a common complaint with Lee.
    I know how you feel about the new mold. My brass molds were so pretty I hated to patina the finish. They sure are not pretty now, but they certainly turn out pretty bullets with hardly a mold line and drop with no effort. After powder coating the bullets there is no line at all, just a smooth glossy finish.

Boolit Master

Just out of curiosity, I hooked the mold to a set of RCBS handles. They open and close easily...

But, as I mess with it now, I get a bit of misalignment with the pins. They will close completely, but there is a bit of "bump" when I close the mold. Not enough to wear them, but maybe it would be better to try the Lee if I can find some in the area or order the N.O.E. when they are in stock...

Always something...

Good-luck...BCB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_2711.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I hooked the mold to a set of RCBS handles. They open and close easily...

But, as I mess with it now, I get a bit of misalignment with the pins. They will close completely, but there is a bit of "bump" when I close the mold. Not enough to wear them, but maybe it would be better to try the Lee if I can find some in the area or order the N.O.E. when they are in stock...

Always something...

Good-luck...BCB
    Since the jaw thickness on the RCBS is thinner than either the Lee or NOE there is a lot of slop. In a pinch the RCBS will work, but it would rank way down my list.